EYB dates

Astrid

Hi everyone, I noticed that EYB announced some new dates this week, but said the rest would announced later in the year. Does anyone know when next years locations are usually announced? 

thanks so much! 

Hi @Astrid, how are you? What a week! I’ve tried to look through the FB posts (i can’t sleep!) to see if there is a certain date where they’re all released for the year ahead, but it seems like they’re released as they’re confirmed. I’ve emailed Miss Lewis previously and she’s been really friendly and helpful, so maybe do that? I’ve noticed that they seem to visit each area around every two years, with a nearby location in between, if that makes sense? Not 100% sure though! 

12 hours ago, TinyNEDancer said:

Hi @Astrid, how are you? What a week! I’ve tried to look through the FB posts (i can’t sleep!) to see if there is a certain date where they’re all released for the year ahead, but it seems like they’re released as they’re confirmed. I’ve emailed Miss Lewis previously and she’s been really friendly and helpful, so maybe do that? I’ve noticed that they seem to visit each area around every two years, with a nearby location in between, if that makes sense? Not 100% sure though! 

Hi @TinyNEDancer! Wow yes what a week. DD had a cry over JA results and got over it pretty much immediately, but I’m going to be honest, it took me a few days to get out of the cycle of refreshing and thinking about it? such an odd experience, and feel somuch better for it being over with an answer? I honestly didn’t think I’d be like that but there you go! So odd! Then at elmhurst today which was amazing but it’s going to be such a big change for us it really is a rollercoaster. Anyway! Hope you are all good and hanging in there! Back to EYB - my niece did it last year and they are due back near us next year, and DD had already said she wants to  try and do it, but feel like there is a good chance it’s going to clash with a couple of family events (sisters wedding abroad ). So want to be able to veto it in advance if we need to..

Thats a good idea to email, I didn’t know if I could..I’ll give that a go!

good luck for your upcoming audition - when is it? 🙂 🍀 xx

My DD has just taken part in the Oxford EYB and all I can say is WOW!! I had reservations when we went for the audition but she has had the time of her life and it was worth every penny spent and every mile drive (3 hour round trip!) 

She is already asking when can she do it again! I thoroughly recommend this experience

1 hour ago, Twirlygirl09 said:

My DD has just taken part in the Oxford EYB and all I can say is WOW!! I had reservations when we went for the audition but she has had the time of her life and it was worth every penny spent and every mile drive (3 hour round trip!) 

She is already asking when can she do it again! I thoroughly recommend this experience

Totally agree. Wasn't it just fabulous? DD1 had a similar length journey and it was full on but so worth it to see the beautiful Production last night and all those smiling faces. She and her sister also did Swan Lake in Wimbledon last summer which they loved.

It's a bit addictive 😂

Hello I'm a newbie to this and my daughter is only 7 so I'm just trying understand how it all works for the future. I can't figure out from the ENB website what rehearsals are involved, it just says 3 simultaneous rehearsals take place which I don't understand? Is it an intensive course or are there weekly rehearsals etc? 

Ahh I’m wondering if you’re youngest was a star? Mine was and she made a friend with an older sister who I think was in the red dresses?! She’s been a bit sad today, missing everyone already! We’re just off to town to print some photos 😍

23 minutes ago, Twirlygirl09 said:

Ahh I’m wondering if you’re youngest was a star? Mine was and she made a friend with an older sister who I think was in the red dresses?! She’s been a bit sad today, missing everyone already! We’re just off to town to print some photos 😍

Oh bless her! Unfortunately we could only manage one in this Production so DD1 got the chance as a) she had fewer clashes and b) next year she will be focusing on GCSEs so unlikely to have the time for another EYB 😪. She was a Busby Berkeley Girl and Party Guest. The Stars were fabulous, you must be very proud.

On 15/06/2019 at 15:04, Confuddled said:

I’ve been keeping an eye on them, hoping for Wimbledon again, or somewhere nearby (Woking, Guildford), but nothing within commuting distance of South London yet. Dd is very keen to do EYB again, she loved it!

I emailed EYB and they have said they are doing Richmond theatre in 2020. They didn’t say when exactly but to keep an eye on the website. The audition dates on the website only go up to end of 2019 at the moment 

Edited by Number11
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Millicent said:

Hello I'm a newbie to this and my daughter is only 7 so I'm just trying understand how it all works for the future. I can't figure out from the ENB website what rehearsals are involved, it just says 3 simultaneous rehearsals take place which I don't understand? Is it an intensive course or are there weekly rehearsals etc? 

I'm similarly confused - would be good to have some clarification, if anyone can help ....?

1 hour ago, glissade said:

I'm similarly confused - would be good to have some clarification, if anyone can help ....?

I requested the York information and this is the schedule. Its a full proper ballet and a fair commitment to make.

I believe others are more spread out but there's a big chunk in the school summer hols for this one.

REHEARSAL AND PERFORMANCE DATES 2019 Mon 22nd July (Casting Day and Press Photos after school)

Wed 28th- Sat 31st Aug Sun 1st September (5 Days)

Sat 07th Sun 08th September (2 Days) Fri 20th Sat 21st Sun 22nd September (3 Days)

Thurs 26th September (in the theatre after school)

Friday 27th September Dress Reh/Eve Performance.

Saturday 28th September Mat & Eve Performance

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Millicent said:

The three simultaneous rehearsals (might have been four, at the one my dd did) were just split roughly by age group / grade. So an hour of ballet class as a sort of warm up, before then going in to different groups depending on their parts, and rehearsing those dances. Most days dd had one free class which gave her a gap in which to eat lunch (though it wasn’t always at lunch time). Wimbledon was intensive as it was summer holidays two weeks of full days (might have been 10-4, I can’t remember precisely) then a third week with Thursday, Friday and Saturday dress rehearsal and performances. I don’t know how it works in term time - presumably there are after-school and weekend rehearsals.

It would be a long day for a 7yo - do-able, but tiring. Dd was just 10, and had done local youth ballet before, but still had no energy at all in the evenings. She loved it, though!

• Like 2