32 minutes ago, Saodan said:

As James has said, they did one performance of Romeo and Juliet on tour in Japan in 2016.

They also did Perdita and Florizel in Winter's Tale on tour in Australia in 2017. Hayward was replacing Lamb.

Yes, Hayward replaced Salenko who could not come to Japan and that was almost a last minute replacement. 

• Like 1

On 14/07/2019 at 16:45, bangorballetboy said:

There is scheduled to be.

Can you tell me what, I haven't spotted anything?  He does seem pretty much forgotten now.  IF he is coming to the end, I would have hoped KOH would have scheduled something that he could bow out on.  We are surely overdue Woolf Works and I wonder why he isn't doing Manon.  

As we head towards general booking for the Autumn RB season, there seems to be a good range of seats still available for virtually all the performances as far as I can see.

One notable exception is that for the two Nunez /Muntagirov performances of Coppélia there are hardly any Stalls Circle or Orchestra Stalls seats left. Whilst I realise they  are a popular duo, it seems strange that so few seats are left in those areas for their Coppélia  - there are still loads of seats available for them in The Sleeping Beauty, for example.  

I wonder if there has been some sort of block reservation for these particular Coppélia performances, and whether more could become available later on...

On 19/08/2019 at 08:07, Odyssey said:

I note the casting has now  disappeared. Does this mean there is likely to be a change?

The Cross Currents casting has reappeared and is now there for all three pieces:

https://www.roh.org.uk/productions/cross-currents-monotones-ii-everyone-keeps-me-by-various

For detailed casting for each piece, you need to click on the relevant performance.

Oct 10 at 7.15pm https://www.roh.org.uk/events/y0gg5

Oct 10 at 9pm https://www.roh.org.uk/events/lbsjg

Oct 11 at 7.15pm https://www.roh.org.uk/events/lhlzx

Oct 11 at 9pm https://www.roh.org.uk/events/30hde

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 3

Thanks Bluebird! Disappointed to be missing Hayward/Ball/Magri as that is fantastic casting but you can't win them all. Plus I'm ever increasingly becoming a fan of Pajdak! 

Looks like the everyone keeps me cast is the same across all performances. 

I wonder why Linbury casting can't be announced the same time as main stage performances? Perhaps it's because casting/rehearsals start much closer to the time as the works are smaller? Then again, I imagine casting could be decided in advance, I highly doubt O'Hare just randomly picks people, so it would certainly be achievable to announce casting earlier? If anything knowing a few days before doesn't mean much, it may be better to turn up on the day for a 'surprise' cast! 

Or, as I've said before, at least knowing whether there's a "B" (C, D ...) cast and when they are scheduled would be something.

• Like 4

Now confirmed that Choe replaces Naghdi as Lescaut's Mistress this coming Saturday.

2 hours ago, alison said:

Now confirmed that Choe replaces Naghdi as Lescaut's Mistress this coming Saturday.

Interestingly this change has been on the web site since at least yesterday morning and she said on social media that she wouldn't be doing Saturday when she pulled out earlier in the week.

Yes, by the time I arrived at the ROH on Wednesday, the website had finally been updated for that night *and* for tomorrow.

Cast change for The Royal Ballet's Concerto / Enigma Variations / Raymonda Act III

Tuesday 22 October 2019
Saturday 26 October 2019

Our records show that you are due to attend a performance of Concerto / Enigma Variations / Raymonda Act III. We are contacting you to let you know about the following cast change:

Akane Takada is replaced by Anna Rose O’Sullivan

If you have any questions please contact our Box Office team on +44 (0)20 7304 4000 (Monday–Saturday: 10am–8pm) who will be happy to assist you.

1 hour ago, Richard LH said:

Cast change for The Royal Ballet's Concerto / Enigma Variations / Raymonda Act III

Tuesday 22 October 2019
Saturday 26 October 2019

Our records show that you are due to attend a performance of Concerto / Enigma Variations / Raymonda Act III. We are contacting you to let you know about the following cast change:

Akane Takada is replaced by Anna Rose O’Sullivan

If you have any questions please contact our Box Office team on +44 (0)20 7304 4000 (Monday–Saturday: 10am–8pm) who will be happy to assist you.

I wonder why?  She is still dancing Manon tomorrow night, isn't she?  Ah well, Anna-Rose is a worthy replacement!

3 minutes ago, Sim said:

I wonder why?  She is still dancing Manon tomorrow night, isn't she?  Ah well, Anna-Rose is a worthy replacement!

Probably being careful on her return from injury and not wanting rehearsals to prejudice her Manons?

She is still listed for Concerto on the 18th and 20th December. Good!

Anna Rose O'Sullivan was cast for Concerto anyway so she has more for us to enjoy too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, capybara said:

Probably being careful on her return from injury and not wanting rehearsals to prejudice her Manons?

I would think/hope so....there are some pretty clear social media indications, timed only a couple of hours ago, that she is still dancing Manon tomorrow night.  

• Like 2

The ROH/RB has been very courteous in its response to the complaint I raised (see above).

I think that the blip last week (when Yuhui Choe replaced Yasmine Naghdi) is unlikely to recur. However, since patrons will have been advised of the changes online (and by e-mail), the asterisking of names/noting of replacements in cast sheets will not be re-introduced.

This link would appear to be key in keeping abreast of changes: https://www.roh.org.uk/news/royal-opera-house-cast-changes-autumn-19-20

I guess that we should all bookmark it!

• Like 4

This doesn't solve the problem of people who haven't booked but might be tempted by the cast change, of course :( 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alison said:

This doesn't solve the problem of people who haven't booked but might be tempted by the cast change, of course :( 

I think if you keep an eye on the page capybara shared as well as on this forum you’ll be very up to date!

Pleased to see they will go back to sending emails out and updating the page. Why this means they will no longer bother with updating cast sheets is frustrating - they give with one hand and take away with the other...would it be possible to not do both? Like some others on here I like keeping cast sheets to refer back to so where possible (I know if it’s very last minute it won’t be) a correct one is appreciated, looks much nicer than me manually correcting it! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JNC said:

I think if you keep an eye on the page capybara shared as well as on this forum you’ll be very up to date!

Pleased to see they will go back to sending emails out and updating the page. Why this means they will no longer bother with updating cast sheets is frustrating - they give with one hand and take away with the other...would it be possible to not do both? Like some others on here I like keeping cast sheets to refer back to so where possible (I know if it’s very last minute it won’t be) a correct one is appreciated, looks much nicer than me manually correcting it! 

I think the point is that cast changes won’t be flagged on the cast sheet (there used to be footnotes indicating a change from the originally advertised cast), not that the cast sheet will be inaccurate as to the cast performing.

• Like 2

More injury news.  Just received from the ROH:

"Our records show that you are due to attend a performance of Concerto / Enigma Variations / Raymonda Act III. We are contacting you to let you know about the following cast change:

Saturday 26 October, 7.30pm
Due to injury William Bracewell is replaced by Alexander Campbell as Troyte"

I'm so sad for William Bracewell.   His previous injury had kept him off the stage for a number of months and I was looking forward to his return.

Edited by Bluebird

It's not on that new ROH casting page yet, see how long it takes, very good that they have restarted casting changes though.

Sorry to miss William Bracewell but Alexander Campbell would seem perfect for Troyte.

13 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

I'm so sad for William Bracewell.   His previous injury had kept him off the stage for a number of months and I was looking forward to his return.

That's a real shame.

However, the packed house this morning for The Royal Ballet in Class on the main stage had the very great pleasure of watching William dancing, including some virtuoso moves towards the end of the session.

7 minutes ago, Beryl H said:

It's not on that new ROH casting page yet, see how long it takes, very good that they have restarted casting changes though.

After the events of last night, the RB might be waiting to put up other cast changes - alas for Steven McRae as well as William Bracewell.

And I've just had an e-mail to say that Yasmine Naghdi will be replaced as Dorabella in Enigma Variations on the 25th October and 2nd November by Meaghan Grace Hinkis.

Edited by capybara

......and another cast change just received:

Friday 25 October 2019, 7.30pm 
Saturday 2 November, 12 noon   

Yasmine Naghdi is replaced by Meaghan Grace Hinkis as Dorabella

Edited by Bluebird

I see Bracewell & Naghdi are still listed for 18th & 20th December so hopefully they might still be able to do those performances, as it's 2 months away. May I ask, apropos of the Enigma Variations cast changes, do Troyte & Dorabella dance together or do both only have solos?

Edited by Dawnstar

Enigma is mostly a series of solos - there is one duet and one trio that I can think of but not Dorabella and Troyte.

• Like 1

Goodness so many cast changes so early in the season - hope things settle and the dancers recover swiftly. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dawnstar said:

I see Bracewell & Naghdi are still listed for 18th & 20th December so hopefully they might still be able to do those performances, as it's 2 months away. May I ask, apropos of the Enigma Variations cast changes, do Troyte & Dorabella dance together or do both only have solos?

I think Naghdi should be ok - her instagram earlier showed her rehearsing for Sleeping Beauty and she’s still scheduled to perform the mixed bill on 5th November. I presume they’re just being a bit cautious and focusing on Sleeping Beauty. 

Similarly if Bracewell looked good at rehearsal than we can hope a similar (cautious) approach is being taken. (Which I think is the right way of doing it!) 

Hope all who are injured have swift recoveries and very much hoping to see no more injuries! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bluebird said:

Due to injury William Bracewell is replaced by Alexander Campbell as Troyte"

Me too.  As you know, I'd been concerned that he didn't seem to have been showing up in Manon, and I guess this is why :(