Duplicate post to the SB thread... Yasmine naghdi is replacing francesca Hayward as Aurora in this evening's SB due to illness, dancing with Alexander Campbell. 

(source: public Instagram post) 

:(

I missed her last time, and now I'm missing her again :(  Wishing Frankie a speedy recovery.

Oh well, at least it's Naghdi.  And hopefully I'll get to see Campbell dancing the full ballet this time.

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 14:05, Lizbie1 said:

(This should possibly go on the Opera forum, and apologies if this has been picked up elsewhere.)

Leo Dixon and Elizabeth McGorian will be appearing in the forthcoming RO production of Death in Venice as Tadzio and the Lady of the Pearls: https://www.roh.org.uk/tickets-and-events/death-in-venice-by-david-mcvicar-dates

I was at opening night yesterday and thought it was utterly stunning including in its use of dance.  Elizabeth McGorian's character was a non-dancing role (just a "impossibly elegant lady of a certain age" wordless acting part, which I'm sure you can imagine plays to one of her other strengths!) and besides Leo Dixon, there was a substantial supporting ensemble of non-RB dancers.  Dixon was terrific.  More thoughts later on the Opera & Music forum - as I'm at work, I imagine somebody else will get there first.

• Like 6