Royal Ballet 2019/20 Autumn Season Casting

1 hour ago, ElleC said:

So maybe Sambe with Hayward and James Hay with O’Sullivan? I’d be very happy with this scenario (I’ve booked for both these casts).

I don't think they should/would change O'Sullivan's casting just because they have to play around with partnering up Hayward. I for one would be quite annoyed to see O'Sullivan not being partnered with Sambe as I have booked to see them not only as individuals, but as this partnership. (I believe they are one of the partnerships being developed by ROH, as they danced together in the Nutcracker and also Romeo and Juliet last year so would like to see this development continue.)

O'Sullivan is partnering Hay already in Sleeping Beauty - which I have also booked to see and will also think this will be a good partnership. But I think O'Sullivan/Sambe will work really well together in Coppelia. If Sambe does partner with Hayward for Coppelia, then I imagine he will also 'double up' and continue to partner with O'Sullivan (similar to Muntagirov doubling up to do Raymonda with both Lamb, replacing McRae, and Osipova, in his original casting). 

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, JNC said:

(similar to Muntagirov doubling up to do Raymonda with both Lamb, replacing McRae, and Osipova, in his original casting). 

and Nunez in December

I've received an email about Coppélia:

Our records show that you are due to attend a performance of Coppélia. We are contacting you to let you know about the following cast changes:

Thursday 28 November, 7.30pm
Wednesday 4 December, 7.30pm
Saturday 4 January, 7.00pm

Due to injury Steven McRae is replaced by Alexander Campbell as Franz.

Very pleased it’s Campbell! Would have been happy to see Sambe too but I think after Manon and especially in this ballet the Hayward/Campbell partnership will go well together. 

And I don’t know when was the last rime Campbell has an opening night? (I know Sambe hasn’t had one yet either I believe but he’s only recently a principal.)

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

Does each Lilac Fairy usually only dance with one cast? I'd hoped to see Storm-Jensen in the role but as I'm not booked for O'Sullivan/Hay does that mean I'm unlikely to get to see her?

I also wonder this re casting ‘sets’ - I really want to see Hayward/Sambe as Bluebird/Florine but not sure which cast they will be in! 

I also believe Magri is cast as the lilac fairy (?) and would love to see her! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

Probably not with O'Sullivan and Hay...it was Hamilton and Corrales today.

Thanks Richard! I would also be intrigued to see what Hamilton/Corrales do with the role, I’m also seeing Naghdi/Ball so hoping I get lucky with casting! 

As this run starts tomorrow will there be any further news of casting for at least the other main parts in Sleeping Beauty apart from the two leads....I'm seeing O'Sullivan and Hay on 5th December ....any news of supporting roles in this casting? 

• Like 1

I had an email to say 

We are contacting you to let you know about the following cast changes:

Monday 23 December, 7.00pm
Saturday 28 December, 7.00pm

The role of Dr Coppelius will be performed by Bennet Gartside.

It was originally scheduled to be Marriott.

12 hours ago, JNC said:

I also believe Magri is cast as the lilac fairy (?) and would love to see her! 

You are correct. Magri will debut as Lilac Fairy and Blue Bird. I really hope she is casted in the cinema relay in one of the two roles since that’s the only way I can see her in those.

• Like 3