12/04, 06/04(e)

Soares/Lamb/Calvert

02/04, 06/04(m)

Golding/Yanowsky/Mendizabal

01/05, 13/05

Acosta/Nuñez/Kobayashi

14/05, 22/05

Mayerling

Crown Prince Rudolf/Baroness Mary Vetsera/Mitzi Caspar/Princess Stephanie/Empress Elizabeth

Watson/Galeazzi/Lamb/Loots/Yanowsky

19/04

Watson/Galeazzi/Lamb/Loots/Arestis

01/06(e), 13/06

Kobborg/Cojocaru/Kobayashi/Maguire/McNally

25/04, 30/04, 05/06

Acosta/Benjamin/Morera/Hinkis/Yanowsky

30/05, 06/06, 15/06

Pennefather/Hamilton/Mendizabal/Harrod/Bhavnani

03/05(m), 10/06

Soares/Cuthbertson/Nuñez/Choe/Chapman

01/06(m), 12/06

Edited by bangorballetboy
Correcting details for 12 June Mayerling - not mat; correcting White Rabbit casting

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cuthbertson/Bonelli/Watson/Yanowsky/McRae

15/03, 21/03, 28/03, 13/04

Well, that's wrong, for a start. Although I'm prepared to believe that Ed Watson is capable of dancing the White Rabbit the day before starting a run of The Metamorphosis, not even he can be in two places at the same time on the 21st :)

So, despite the fact that they've already been seen on TV/DVD, the first cast of Alice gets the cinema broadcast, too. I was wondering what was going to happen about that.

Interested to see Yanowsky getting Nikiya (and Calvert Gamzatti). I *thought* Matthew Golding must be dancing Solor, as it was the only thing that seemed to fit. Disappointed that Choe only appears to be doing Gamzatti rather than Nikiya. I'd have thought the latter suited her far better.

Kobayashi and Cuthbertson getting debuts in Mayerling. Could be very interesting. Sorry Galeazzi's only doing Vetsera and not Larisch this time around.

Thanks for this, BBB.

I guess I'm just pleased Galeazzi is doing Vetsera (surely unsurpassed since Seymour). I'd agree it's odd that Choe is Gamzatti not Nikiya and although I can appreciate the logic of Chapman not doing Gamzatti am kicking myself I didn't see her do it last opportunity. I'll never the amazing impact she made the first time I saw her (as Mitzi Caspar) and hate to think of her just in character or quasi character roles. At least Yanowksy is cast in three consecutive programmes :-)

Although I'm prepared to believe that Ed Watson is capable of dancing the White Rabbit the day before starting a run of The Metamorphosis, not even he can be in two places at the same time on the 21st :)

Sorry Galeazzi's only doing Vetsera and not Larisch this time around.

About the House gives Cervera as the White Rabbit on March 21 and Watson takes over from Cervera on March 27.

For some reason the Marie Larisch casting in Mayerling has still not been announced. Had me quite confused. I think this is accurate.

I am also confused about the Mayerling casting. It seems odd that Sarah Lamb, who has previously danced Larische (there is a full page picture of her in that role in the 2012-2013 brochure) should now be cast as Mitzi, which is a much less significant part surely.

In previous seasons' casting announcements, Larische was always the third named, I think.

I am sorry that Roberta Marquez isn't cast as Princess Stephanie. I realise that it's not normally danced by a principal (these days, anyway), but she was so good in that role.

James

Previous pairings, roles and the fact that Marianela moved away from Mitzi Caspar for the last showing of Mayerling surely indicate, whatever the RoH might say, that the artistes listed for Mitzi Caspar are in fact dancing Countess Larische.

Kevin O'Hare's willingness to reveal more of the line up than in the recent past is much to be welcomed but does anyone else find it more difficult now that the casts are no longer listed in the calendar of performances?

Do you mean online? They are, surely. I do find the lack of them in the production-related pages in the booking brochures most disconcerting, though. It was much easier to find out, say, that Cojocaru/Kobborg have 4 Onegins whereas Nunez/Soares only have 2 back in the days when the basics at least were listed there too.

About the House gives Cervera as the White Rabbit on March 21 and Watson takes over from Cervera on March 27.

I have corrected the posting. White writing on black background can often be difficult to read (especially on a tablet) - another reason why I don't like the casting details on the production page of AtH instead of in the calendar.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I hope it's OK to post this information (i.e. since it hasn't been officially announced).  If not, would an administrator please remove.

Ben Gartside tweeted yesterday that he would be replacing Johan Kobborg as Prince Rudolf in Mayerling on April 25 and 30.  Johan has tweeted that he still hopes to do the performance on June 5.

Edited by Janet McNulty
Edited at Bluebird's request to show month as April

This has been confirmed by both parties on Twitter so doubtless the ROH will get round to confirming it in time. 

Prescient statement from a mini-interview with Bennet Gartside on on Graham Spicer's (@gramilano) blog on Feb 24:

What role have you never played but would like to?
The Crown Prince Rudolph in Ken­neth Macmillan’s May­er­ling. I’d prom­ise to retire after that if it helps, Kevin?? Cheers!

Johan Kobborg has tweeted:

@GWDanceWriter @bennet76 will do all to be there 5th, even if its last moves I ever do. got more than my birthday to celebrate that day.

Bennet Mayerling, May 25th and 30th? Or April 25th and 30th?

Apologies.  Don't know what made me write May instead of April.  Is an administrator able to correct my posting so as to avoid confusing readers?  I'm, unfortunately, unable to edit at this late stage.

She is on m******** leave.

I noticed Iohna Loots is on the cast list as "Stephanie" but I heard she is expecting and I assume she will not dance the role 

so who is covering "Princess Stephanie"? Who will replace Ms Loots in this role?

Can't wait to see this Ballet!

• 2 weeks later...

Cast change for La Bayadere on 5 April: Marquez replaces Cojocaru.

Cast change for Alice on 6 April: Choe & Kish replace Stix-Brunell & Pennefather.

That's too bad, I booked this Sat just to see BSB in the role but it'll be interesting to see Yuhui in Alice again. She was lovely a couple of weeks ago. Is it known who's hurt, BSB or RP (I'm assuming someone's injured)?