Elmhurst extra auditions for year 7 and 14

Lifeafterballet

On 23/05/2019 at 19:14, Loulou said:

I know of 2 non vocational offered 6.1 and both took up offers elsewhere 

I’m aware of 5 (2 DS & 3 DD’s) who’ve turned down 6.1 and chosen the Degree route instead - some due to being able to access Degree funding. 2 others are going Overseas. I believe they offered 10-15 placed for 6.1.

Vocational school are very expensive for most people & DaDA’s don’t cover boarding.

On 02/06/2019 at 11:54, EmDancer said:

am completely new to this so apologies for maybe asking obvious questions. My DD auditioned for year 7 Elmhurst Young Dancers in May unfortunately it was a no for her. She auditioned in year 6 Junior associates Birmingham Royal Ballet last year & was placed on their SWL. Unfortunately it was a no from Mid Associates Royal Ballet this year. She never auditioned for full time vocational study either at the Royal Ballet or Elmhurst. My question would be if it's worth trying to audition for year 7 full time at Elmhurst this year as noticed they put out some late audition dates for y7 as she just received a no from young dancers? And also is it worth auditioning for year 8 Royal Ballet WL as again places so limited and thinking they will have even less chance as classes already formed from full time students moving up from year7 to year 8? Thank you 

I would suggest sending in an application. Usually for the late auditions they screen from the forms and only invite if interested. I know previously they only charged the audition fee if you were invited but this may have changed. To be SWL in yr 6 is promising. Good luck.