Spare tickets for Hammond dance show

margarite

I have overbooked two tickets for the Hammond end of year dance show - so they are up for grabs!  They are for Friday 12th July at 7.30pm - pretty good seats in the centre. £15 each. They are e-tickets so I can forward them on.

• Like 1

Would be handy to keep this thread open if that’s ok!

I only looked a couple of nights ago to book tickets for dd and I go see her friend in yr11 and tickets  weren’t on sale! Saw your post and now looked and Sat already SOLD OUT!! 

If anyone is selling 2 tickets for Sat afternoon please, can I have!!! Thank you x

31 minutes ago, Dancing unicorn said:

Would be handy to keep this thread open if that’s ok!

I only looked a couple of nights ago to book tickets for dd and I go see her friend in yr11 and tickets  weren’t on sale! Saw your post and now looked and Sat already SOLD OUT!! 

If anyone is selling 2 tickets for Sat afternoon please, can I have!!! Thank you x

I know someone with two spare Saturday tickets. DM me your number 👍

• Like 1

Hi, I too am in this Saturday dilemma as only saw email at 2pm! Grabbed last 2 tickets (rubbish seats, not even together!) but need 3! 

Usually we get a little more advance warning to get on computer earlier.... sigh. 

I did in the end buy 3 for Fri night (sears close together) but no idea really if practical as it would mean son missing a day of school, Hubbie & I having to take day off work & having to book hotel as we are over 6 hrs drive away...

If anyone does have any seats to sell for that Saturday do please send me a message! Thanks in advance...

Here’s hoping! 🤞🏻

Quick update if anyone looking...a few more on side balcony have been added just now...managed to get some for Sat - phew!

Hope everyone manages to get those they need!

Mid you, if anyone finds they have 3 centrally placed seats close together they want to sell on, please message me as I'd love to get better view - thanks!

Edited by Peanut68
added Q

I am seeking 2 or preferably 3 tickets for Saturday if any out there, this is dd's last show so gutted I couldn't get any. As we live 3 hours away other nights aren't an option as I can't get time off work on weekdays 😢

• Like 1

It was a dreadful palaver to book this year and I wonder if you might find that when the system catches up with itself there are tickets that were in peoples’ baskets that couldn’t be paid for and which go back on sale. I was lucky to get through on the phone eventually and pay for the tickets that went in my basket a couple of hours before, and fortunately stayed there. Better system needed in future, I think. 

Feel sorry for those who missed out yesterday. It was a debacle indeed.  Feedback and alternative approach ideas have been suggested to the school before but not taken up unfortunately.  Think this year was worse than ever with PayPal crashing but as you said Karen some tickets may come available when the system catches up🤞🤞🤞

• Like 1

Yes, great idea, as even if you live locally you’d still have take a day off to see a weekday matinee. 

It was an awful mess and not easy to navigate, even though I was one of the lucky ones who managed to carry out my booking and get decent tickets. Several other parents were unable to finish the booking process as the page froze. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

The ticketing provider is appalling. There are much better ones out there   I've ended up paying too much money for the MT show and struggled last year on the dance show becasue of how it won't let you select a mixture of full price and concession tickets. 

There is a way to select both on one booking - select the price required before you click on the seat. You can click on full price, select however many needed, then change price to concession and select more seats. When you add to basket it will show different prices. It’s not easy and I’ve overpaid before just to get the seats. It won’t help you this time, but might save a bit when you next try to book.

I do hope school use an alternative provider in future. 

Most other dance schools incl Elm & RBS use Eventbrite which seems easier.... in fact it was used for the DDMix class with Darcey Bussell held at Hammond last year! 

However that site can too be frustrating.... it seems ok when clicked through from a link to an event but otherwise defaults to own location & despite me clicking off allowing location option & typing in City I know an event is in its still reverts back to my home county - aghhh!! I miss good old walk in/phone call box offices!! 

5 hours ago, Karen said:

There is a way to select both on one booking - select the price required before you click on the seat. You can click on full price, select however many needed, then change price to concession and select more seats. When you add to basket it will show different prices. It’s not easy and I’ve overpaid before just to get the seats. It won’t help you this time, but might save a bit when you next try to book.

I do hope school use an alternative provider in future. 

It’s taken me 4 years to work that out. This was the first year I actually realised how to do it 🤣 very odd system (glad that it wasn't just me being silly Pictures !) I too have paid full price each time  for kids and pensioners