British Grand Prix 2019

tutugirl

5 hours ago, Dancing Kitty said:

As you say it has not been well advertised other than on Facebook.  Plenty of tickets still available to watch the finals but not too surprising as their web page doesn't even appear to mention that you can view and how to get tickets!

It's also publicised on Instagram although it's a relatively new account (launched February) and "only" has just over 3,500 followers so far. As SissoneDoublee says, there are some fairly eminent schools supporting it this year so I guess we'll see where it goes from here.

intrigued from other side of world in australia  to see how it all goes ..... as you know australia is 'totally' into dance comps and kids from here attending  the asian dance comp market  i noted more and more so hearing of ones in UK is interesting .... good luck! x

Edited by leotardmum

10 hours ago, Mummy twinkle toes said:

1 got through.

Congrats. My DD didn't get through. 

But we're off to Leicester to watch the finals later. 

59 minutes ago, shygirlsmum said:

Anyone from the seniors through? We are heading to Leicester later to watch the final

See you there! Hope your DD is feeling better.

29 minutes ago, HopelessMummy said:

Congrats. My DD didn't get through. 

But we're off to Leicester to watch the finals later. 

See you there! Hope your DD is feeling better.

Yes, we will be watching at 7pm. We know one senior girl through, 3 inters and a junior.

Everyone did well but is a competition and so that is the way it goes. Took Dd1 to watch Aladdin as consolation and that took her mind off of it.🤗

4 minutes ago, Dancermum2003 said:

Can I ask a question that I hope isn’t controversial?? How can Judges adjudicate over their own pupils? I notice one if the winners attends a school that one of the Judges is Artistic Director of. I’m genuinely interested.

3 of the judges had their own pupils dancing. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Anna C said:

Just a thought; Tutugirl may not want to identify her pupil.

No worries...

On 02/06/2019 at 20:46, allnewtome said:

Does anyone know where we can find a list of the winners? Thank you 

Not sure. I can post my list but probs best wait for their official announcements on Instagram or website

Sim     14,190 Sim

Posted August 9, 2016
To all forum members:  In accordance with our legal obligations, threads and posts relating to the School of Ballet Theatre UK are hidden and, for the time being, any new postings relating to that school will be locked or hidden.  We will advise members as and when this situation changes. In the meantime, please do not post anything relating to this school. Thank you.

Simonetta Dixon

Sim     14,190 Sim

Posted August 9, 2016
To all forum members:  In accordance with our legal obligations, threads and posts relating to the School of Ballet Theatre UK are hidden and, for the time being, any new postings relating to that school will be locked or hidden.  We will advise members as and when this situation changes. In the meantime, please do not post anything relating to this school. Thank you.

Simonetta Dixon