Adult Ballet Intensives Summer 19

sophie_rebecca

If it's being held at NB's HQ in Leeds the Ibis Budget is very close by and I have found it fine as a base to sleep (but I take my own breakfast and you can either take your own kettle of hire one).

The Wren hotel (pub) apparently has decent accommodation and is very close to the Grand Theatre.

The Travelodge on Vicar Lane is also very close to the Grand Theatre.

The Radisson is on the Headrow (in The Light) and is very nice indeed if you can get a bargain rate.

I know all the places you mean, Janet - I’ve stayed in that Ibis Budget and that Travelodge multiple times (typically at well under £50 a night) and I know the Wrens as a pub as it’s where people go after Opera North. But all are enormously expensive (like everywhere else) over that Bank Holiday!

(I could find absolutely nothing under £400 for three nights, in Leeds itself rather than travelling in from elsewhere, with the exception of a student accommodation facility on the other side of town, which wouldn’t have been adequate as they had limited check-in hours and I’d have had to arrive late at night...)

Edited by RuthE

Could you stay in Bradford or Halifax or even Harrogate and commute?  There's a really good bus service from Harrogate that takes about 40 minutes.  I know it's not ideal but may be a consideration given that the bus station is a lot closer to QH than the railway station.

Sorry the red shoes that won't be meeting you next week after all but hope the family issues improve for you. 

Im still thinking about the October Ballet Retreat weekend ...but it is expensive ....though Sadlers Wells is very convenient for me ....but may be by the time when I know if I can make a definite financial commitment or not the course will be full as probably can't make this decision  until September. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/08/2019 at 09:26, The_Red_Shoes said:

Thanks Sophie. It's a bad patch in a long term medical issue and we all have to help out. I had been wondering whether it was worth going on the waiting list for the Leeds August retreat. However I am already down for the October London retreat - I'm usually in there like a shot as soon as I get the email!

people have got places off the waiting list for various  TBRs  ...