Liverpool FC (and Tottenham Hotspur)

bridiem

I saw Liverpool had scored very early on but then was completely engrossed in the Janet Baker documentary on iPlayer.  Very surprised and pleased to hear the score at the end of the documentary, with still a couple of minutes to go.  Hoping very much Liverpool win the final, particularly if Spurs manage to beat Ajax.  And apologies Bridie, I’m afraid I’ll have to admit to googling YNWA and felt suitably humbled.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

I saw Liverpool had scored very early on but then was completely engrossed in the Janet Baker documentary on iPlayer.  Very surprised and pleased to hear the score at the end of the documentary, with still a couple of minutes to go.  Hoping very much Liverpool win the final, particularly if Spurs manage to beat Ajax.  And apologies Bridie, I’m afraid I’ll have to admit to googling YNWA and felt suitably humbled.  

No need to apologise! I should have spelt it out (in bold capitals!). I have a problem in that my brother supports Spurs, so if they get through it will be a bit tricky. I'm also supposed to be going to R&J with  a friend on the night of the final... oh well. I hope she won't mind too much but football is definitely going to take precedence! 

• Like 2

What an incredible night for LFC!!  No matter who you support, you surely have to admire them and be overawed by this achievement!  My Scouser hubby is 'dead proud' as they say, and rightly so!!  Even if LFC don't win the final, they have done incredibly well to get there so should always keep their heads held high, as the song goes....

• Like 3

For those of you who haven't seen the goals....here they are.  I must have watched this at least six times since last night, and no doubt will many more!  That last one was just amazing...I've never seen anything like it!!

• Like 2

Still hoping the match will be showed on terrestrial tv but no luck tonight so far!! Yes what a terrific outcome but not untypical of Liverpool I've seen them in finals before where they have looked like they were well on the way to losing only to win against the odds! 

Liverpool has been my team since the Autumn of 1969 when some rough tough scouser kids taught me how to play football ( well after a fashion) in Sefton Park as part of the games lesson. I then had to consult my father ( who played for Woking FC) on the real rules! 

But in the three years I was in Liverpool I learned what team loyalty was so could never support another team since then! 

Had great fun teasing all the Arsenal supporter kids when I lived in London though!! 

• Like 2

Hee hee have just this moment heard Tottenham are in the Final against Liverpool ....another exciting semi final 

What a shame the final is in Madrid! 

Well of course want Liverpool to do it but as Tottenham have never won it before perhaps won't mind too much if they manage to do it as long as it's an exciting match!! 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Hee hee have just this moment heard Tottenham are in the Final against Liverpool ....another exciting semi final 

Well of course want Liverpool to do it but as Tottenham have never won it before perhaps won't mind too much if they manage to do it as long as it's an exciting match!! 

I've just agreed a pact with my brother that we won't ring or text each other during the match; we'll just offer polite congratulations to the victor after the final whistle... :unsure:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, LinMM said:

At least that's a bit closer than Moscow, where the last all-English CL final was held.  Didn't start until 11.45 p.m. local time so with extra time and penalties we didn't get back to the hotel until about 4 a.m.!  At least there was time then for a few beers in the hotel bar with supporters of both teams!

• Like 3

• alison changed the title to Liverpool FC (and Tottenham Hotspur)

Just hoping there’ll be another change to the title of the thread tonight and Arsenal (and Chelsea) are added.  Given Arsenal’s ability to waste so many chances in recent weeks, I’m not greatly optimistic.

• Like 1

Looks like Arsenal are through to the other cup...Europa League one which is good for them at last ..now can Chelsea get into that one as well!! It's gone to extra time so another exciting finish! Great for English football at the moment if Chelsea make it through. 

3 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Looks like Arsenal are through to the other cup...Europa League one which is good for them at last ..now can Chelsea get into that one as well!! It's gone to extra time so another exciting finish! Great for English football at the moment if Chelsea make it through. 

*waves from Stamford Bridge*

• Like 1

Yes what a finish I always have to go out of the room when it's that close I just cannot stand the tension.....just wait for my partner to yell

"Y-----E-------S " or there's a rather long silence!!! 

• 4 weeks later...

Virgin internet on the train home is almost as slow as the Sunday service crawling to Milton Keynes so I can’t see what Jan has posted above.  But many congratulations to Liverpool ... and not just because the thought of Spurs being European Champions would have been too much for an Arsenal supporter, particularly given Wednesday’s disappointments against Chelsea.

• Like 1