Renaissance Arts Scholars

5678Dance

Can anyone please let me know their experiences with this associate scheme. I see its for age 11-18, Dd is 16, are there many others at the top end of the age scale? And do they all participate in the classes at the same time so all ages in together? 

DD has been attending Renaissance Arts Scholars for the past 2 years.  She loves it and is always worked hard. 

They are split into 2 groups... mainly older and younger for ballet and jazz, the optional vocal and Pointe classes are mixed.  DD has just turned 14 and is currently in the younger group.  There definitely seem to be a good number of older dancers there.  

Edited by Pixiewoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 5678Dance said:

Thank you Pixiewoo, can I ask the cost please, I can't find info anywhere. 

Ummm i can't remember off hand, but i think it's about £30/35 a Sunday ( that includes vocal class but not Pointe ) payable termly, usually a few weeks in advance.  If you are offered a place after audition you are asked to sign a contract agreeing to pay the years fees.  If you pay for the year in one go, there is a discount.  

Then depending where you are, and if you need to pay to park for time your DD is dancing ... it's £7.50 for up to 6hrs at Quarry Hill car park! 

My DD goes to Renaissance and loves it, she’s 13 and in her second year. Like Pixiewoo said there seems to be lots of older ones who attend including a few I recognise from local dance championships and festivals as being very talented dancers. 

My DD has really benefited from the body conditioning especially - they are worked quite hard but her stamina and strength have really improved and her leaps and jumps are very powerful now.

I would definitely recommend it. It works out roughly at £200 per term.

Sparkly x

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Sparkly said:

Was anyone at the Open Day today? I was there - thought it was fabulous! Brilliant teaching.

Sparkly x

Absolutely amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed it  and was exhausted just watching! X X X 

• alison changed the title to Renaissance Arts Scholars