Sign in to follow this  
alison

Proms 2019

So, somebody said this year's Proms season had been announced?  I don't think I've received anything yet, but does anybody have any thoughts about it?

Oh yes, thanks.  I've just looked, and Outlook.com had sent it into my Other folder again.  There's usually an option to send it to the "Focused" folder, but not on this occasion, apparently :( 

Very tempted by Bernard Haitink and the Vienna Philharmonic Prom 60 (Beethoven 4th Piano Concerto with Murray Perahia and Bruckner 7 although I’m not a great Bruckner fan).  I thought I’d read somewhere that Bernard Haitink is taking a sabbatical next year - does anyone know if this is correct?

Supposedly.

I'd go to that prom even without the starry conductor/soloist/orchestra!  I love Bruckner 7, especially in the Albert Hall.

I love the idea of taking a sabbatical at the age of 90!

The Lise Davidsen/Philharmonia/Salonen Prom looks pretty good.

Does anyone know when the select-your-own-seat functionality is likely to be activated on the RAH/Proms website? This is the first year I've chosen to wait and book later (having had some very disappointing seats last year and the year before when I let the Proms Planner pick my seats on the day booking opened).

22 minutes ago, RuthE said:

Does anyone know when the select-your-own-seat functionality is likely to be activated on the RAH/Proms website? This is the first year I've chosen to wait and book later (having had some very disappointing seats last year and the year before when I let the Proms Planner pick my seats on the day booking opened).

It seems to be available now, though I haven’t followed the process right through.

I tried about an hour ago and it looked like I could only select which level to sit on and then it did the seat selection for me...

I could definitely at least choose a seat - have another go?

I should add that I was looking at the Circle only.

It's literally changed in the last hour! Thanks!

• Like 1

And it appears that it currently works for some concerts but not others.  I click on Benvenuto Cellini, it takes me straight into the seating plan to pick a seat; I click on Wagner Night and get a list of areas...

And THAT now works as well.  Clearly they're just in the middle of sorting it out and I just need to let them finish.

• Like 1