R-Class Pointe Shoes

BalletBear

I recently bought some R-class pointe shoes and they feel great! However, the top of the box and wings are already quite soft (I haven’t sewn ribbons on or broken them in) and I was just wondering if that was normal? My previous shoes have only softened when I’d worn them quite a bit. I don’t want to sew the ribbons and them be dead in a few hours as it would be a waste of money. Anyone experienced this? 

My DD has just got some R-Class, and I was told by the lady in the shop that they are the same as Russian Pointe, but are made for the UK market. She really liked them in the shop, but has since decided they aren't right for her. 

They’re the same brand as Russian pointe, although there are some r class models that don’t appear to be available in Russian pointe. The wings are quite flexible but last reasonably well, probably depends on what brand and type you’re used to? I think they’re made from a flexible glue so last longer than paste shoes but some of the new grishko models seem to be pretty much rock solid and indestructible!

Hi! Sorry for not replying sooner! Yes, they are the same brand but in the store I found them much nicer than Russian pointes. I thought I would give them a try but once I sewed the ribbons on last night they were just sooo soft (in the wings and shank). I thought they would last longer than the Bloch’s I had been wearing (they are softer than my Bloch’s were after 5 weeks and that’s saying something 😂. They are even softer in the wings and box than my Grishko soft blocks!). I think they are RC21 off the top of my head... I’ll give them a try in class tonight and see how I go I guess. Thanks!! 

Hi everyone :) 

As far as I understand they are made in the same factory as RP shoes, in the same traditional construction (no plastic) but “badged” differently.

Some of the models used to share the names of some of the RP styles eg Rubin, but these have now been dropped in place of the RC-21, RC-22 etc code. The specifications of each RClass shoe will differ from model to model, but I don’t have much experience with these. I would go back to the fitter and ask for more info on the type of shoe you have and what other options are available :)

I’m not sure how much variety RClass shoes offer within each model, as I’ve only fitted with the standard RC21 and RC22. 

Russian Pointe shoes have a wide variety of styles, all available with up to 6 different widths and 3 vamp lengths, so a huge number of varities available, so RClass may offer something similar. 

Obviously it depends on what’s available for you to try in store, as to how you get on with each brand. similarly Grishko have many more styles apart from the popular 2007 shoe and 5 different widths and 5 different shank strengths available in many of their styles.

it really is a huge world of pointe shoes out their! 🤪

Hi! Sorry for replying so late! I wore the pointe shoes for a few classes and they were surprisingly ok! Just a little soft in the wings. I’m going to apply some of the pointe shoe glue my mum got for me and see how it goes. Thanks for all your help xxx

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I know this thread is a little old now, but I tried the RC-22 at a fitting in summer and sank in the narrowest width, however, I was fitted in the same shoe yesterday in a medium width and they feel fine. The first shop where I was fitted keep their pointe shoes on a shelf in the shop, which can get quite warm in summer, so I’m wondering if the heat broke down the glue in the shoes, whereas the shop I went to yesterday keep them in a cold dark stock room, which is much better for the longevity of the shoes.

• 4 years later...

I ran into this thread searching for a replacement for my shoes. It seems like R-Class was the manufacturer for Russian Pointe but now RP discontinued all their shoes and was bought by Bloch. So I found R-Class in a local store and am so happy I did! They fit me in an RC31 which is lighter paste and a super soft shank. I’m going to try the RC30 which is the base model shoe in a soft because I felt like I wanted a little harder and more support in the wings. Oh my goodness I’m so glad I found these shoes - I was missing my Rubin’s and now I love these even more. So check them out!

www.r-class.us

1 hour ago, Balletdancerenpointe said:

I ran into this thread searching for a replacement for my shoes. It seems like R-Class was the manufacturer for Russian Pointe but now RP discontinued all their shoes and was bought by Bloch. So I found R-Class in a local store and am so happy I did! They fit me in an RC31 which is lighter paste and a super soft shank. I’m going to try the RC30 which is the base model shoe in a soft because I felt like I wanted a little harder and more support in the wings. Oh my goodness I’m so glad I found these shoes - I was missing my Rubin’s and now I love these even more. So check them out!

www.r-class.us

I love RC30!! I had tried almost every brand and nothing was ever perfect but RC30 work amazingly for me!

• Like 1