Proudmumofdd

Royal Ballet Senior Associates

Any idea of the times of the SA classes in Covent Garden on a Saturday please?

Also what is the uniform?

We will be supplied with all the info we need in due course but I’m just trying to plan ideas for travel to London.......

thanks in advance 

Hi Proudmum, 

SA1 is 12:15 - 2:30pm but I think they need to arrive at 12:00. 

There is a black camisole leotard on the uniform list but it’s not compulsory. I think as long as it’s fairly plain it will be ok. 

The train has worked out better for doing school work en route and fitting in the local ballet class too.

Wait for the cheapest tickets to go on sale before booking and keep copies if you’re applying for the travel bursary. 

Around London dd uses an Oyster card and every couple of weeks she gets someone to register it for child fares. Hope that helps 😊

If you and your Dd have contactless bank cards then any travel is capped at 7.00 a day(each). This is very useful and means you do not have to queue to buy tickets or keep loading up Oyster cards.

SA1 is 12.15pm to 2.30pm, Dd likes to get there 45 mins before to warm up etc.

Uniform is black leotard but they prefer plain.

We have a Zip card for tube, it works out super cheap 75p each way for Dd’s Journey kings cross to Covent gardens, I just too it up online.

We also book train 12 weeks in advance to get best price, if claiming bursary you will need to provide receipts for first 3 weeks travel and then they will average cost for the year from those tickets.

Well done to your Dd, it has been a very positive experience for my Dd and she is looking forward to attending SA2 next year.

10 hours ago, Vonrothbart said:

Is the SA2 you mention, Advanced Associates?

Sa2 is a continuation of sa1 but with a different teacher so the students are in yr 11 auditioning for vocational schools if they want to. Advanced associates is beyond sa2 

• Like 1