AllAboutTheJourney

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

So about 14% chance 😁

I remember reading the thread linked below previously, where about half way down the first page someone had worked out the stats for a previous year. Suffice to say it's a very slim chance and varies greatly between the different centres and also girls/boys. It will change year to year but bascially, it's more likely to be a no (not yet...) than a yes! (edited - sorry not sure why it's showing those old dates - the post I'm talking about is on the first page of the thread)

Nice little trip to London though for me and DD so we're treating it as a lovely night away with a ballet class at the RBS which is pretty cool in itself 🙂

Edited by Waverley

14 hours ago, Dancing unicorn said:

Anyone know how many auditions to go? And, have they given any indication in these recent ones when results will be out please?

Good luck to those still to audition

Thank you x

I believe there is Totnes tomorrow then four days of London auditions next week, followed by the new Dundee centre auditions the week after... 

We break up for summer holidays at the end of June so I'm just hoping we do hear by then so we can switch off and relax one way or the other!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spamcat said:

JJ700 my DD is also auditioning in bath for a year 4 place tomorrow. We are in group 2 registration at 10.30. My DH is taking her. My DD is really hoping they do improv, ideally on feet!

Astrid my friend asked me to say that it was lovely to meet you and sorry she didn't get to say goodbye. Her son did bath today.

Good luck to your lovely DD today Spamcat - just think you can spend the time while you wait refreshing emails for elmhurst 😂... I hope she gets to do some improv and show them what’s she got 💃🏼

9 minutes ago, Waverley said:

I believe there is Totnes tomorrow then four days of London auditions next week, followed by the new Dundee centre auditions the week after... 

We break up for summer holidays at the end of June so I'm just hoping we do hear by then so we can switch off and relax one way or the other!

Gosh Waverley you are right, there is an extra auditor this year isn’t there. That means an even longer wait surely?! 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Catlynn said:

Hi everyone! I’m new to this site, even though I’ve been following the posts for a while. Our DD is auditioning next Tuesday in London and it’s her first time auditioning with RBS. As she is currently in Y5,  she is auditioning for Y6 space. Any idea of what the class is like and what they will be expected to do? Thanks in advance and good luck to all of your DDs and DSs! x

We're Tuesday too. Good luck

10 minutes ago, HopelessMummy said:

We're Tuesday too. Good luck

What group/time is your DD’s audition? DD is Group 3 - 1:15 -2:15pm. She had two friends from her ballet school audition last year so she wanted to give it a go this year, if anything for the experience. 

My DH took my DD to Bath today. It is definitely more nerve wracking being at home than being with them, I've been pacing the floors!

Astrid yes I have been checking my email for Elmhurst result every 5 minutes since Monday! 😂

Good luck for everyone else who went today and those still with Auditions to do!

Hi there 

I'm new to this forum but since finding it I feel completely out of my depth.  When DD's dance teacher approached me to apply for DD to audition I didn't even know what a JA was.  DD was keen to apply after watching some YouTube clips so we went ahead.  Now the audition is just round the corner I am worried that we will be the ones that turn up and look out of place.  DD's audition is on Thursday in London.  I'm just panicking a bit I guess.  Thanks for listening, and good luck to everyone that has auditioned so far, it does sound like all the DC enjoy the experience.

• Like 2

Hi @InOverOurHeads - this forum is so helpful and I don’t think many of us knew anything really before finding it so please don’t worry! 

We are new to all of this too and pretty much everything I know about JA and associate schemes in general has been from reading threads on here 🙂 

My DD is a young 7 year old (8 in August) and she doesn’t audition till Friday next week but it does sound like it’s been a positive experience for most of the kids who’ve done it already so am just hoping she has fun!

• Like 2

Hi @InOverOurHeads

I don’t think many of us on this thread know much -that’s why it’s always good when the more experienced members pop in from time to time to help us out!

this is our second year of auditioning (I’m much more relaxed this year!) 

Try to just go with it and see it as an adventure, the audition is so lovely and not technically difficult so I don’t think the children feel any pressure in there, and they all have a great time. There’s so few spaces and nothing you can really do to prepare so best just to try and enjoy it 😁 (apart from the waiting for results - you’re allowed not to enjoy that!)

Edited by Hazel
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, InOverOurHeads said:

Just one quick question, are they strict on only 1 adult being allowed in to the waiting area with DC?

At Newcastle there were several children with both parents in the waiting room, which tbh wasn’t ideal as it was absolutely tiny and far too overcrowded! I don’t know what it’s like at other centres though in terms of space x

Hello @InOverOurHeads - please don’t worry - I promise we felt exactly the same (still do). I don’t know very much about ballet but find this forum really helpful, and have learnt a great deal from it. The main thing is that you DD is going to have a lovely day just like a normal class but with a few fancy extras like a piano. Yep there are some children who stretch, but just as many that don’t. What they all have in common is they love ballet! 

To answer the waiting room question, ours was quite large and I imagine London would be the same, they signed me in as parent and there was only one parent with each child. We waited in one studio and they went off to another. Xx

21 hours ago, Catlynn said:

What group/time is your DD’s audition? DD is Group 3 - 1:15 -2:15pm. She had two friends from her ballet school audition last year so she wanted to give it a go this year, if anything for the experience.

I'll need to check the email again but I think we might be the same time!! Best of luck!! 

@Spamcat a poster on the elmhurst thread said that she rang up and they are delayed - and going to be the end of next week now 🤪🤦🏼‍♀️...another week of it ahead??? Arghhh

how did your DD find it on Thursday did she have a lovely time? xx

@Astrid I didn't realise there was an Elmhurst thread, Thanks, I'll look for that and stop hijacking this one! 

She loved her JA audition thanks and saud it was awesome! She gave a similar account to your DD but with the improv they sat cross legged and just had to do whatever they wanted with their arms, she said the music started slow then sped up and got more dramatic then slowed back down so sounds like a musicality test. They also did spotting spins which she was delighted about as she is really good at them. Its going to be a long wait now!

On 14/05/2019 at 18:52, Lottie77 said:

Good luck to all those who auditioned for an Eastleigh place yesterday. My dd is currently in her second year there (year 5) and will be moving to year 6 in September. 

I absolutely feel for you all having to wait for 'that email' and it is something i remember very well!! 

Maybe see some of you next term.

Hi Lottie77, thanks for the good luck wishes. Do you know how many Y5 there are in your DD class?  Thanks!