RBS Junior Associates 2019

AllAboutTheJourney

25 minutes ago, LJP said:

Quick question!  My DD has her first class tomorrow in London.  I had it in my head that we had to arrive 45 mins early for the first week in order to have a talk from the teacher.  However, I've just checked the letters/emails, and I can't see that anywhere?  Just that we have to stay for the first 45 mins for the talk?  

I just want to check if we need to be there early of not, does anyone know?

having a last minute panic!

I understood 30 mins before so they are dressed and ready to go, then we are staying for 30 mins to talk to teacher and watch the exercises they are to do at home.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Lara Eschler said:

My ds had a great time. The London boys had an email to audition for the sleeping beauty earlier this week.  Unfortunately, due to the time commitment and days off school my ds won’t be able to audition for it , so feeling a bit deflated. Anyone else in the same position?

My son had this email. We are not doing the audition. He's in his third year as a JA in year 6. He is auditioning for vocational school this year and this commitment to do Sleeping Beauty would mean too much time out of training and audition prep. Don't be down, and just enjoy your time as a JA. X

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fairydust said:

Can anyone recommend somewhere relaxed with good food for an early lunch/brunch near the Birmingham RBS?  It is our first week this Saturday and we will be going from Elmhurst at 10.30 so have a few hours to grab something to eat.

Do you mean the Birmingham Royal Ballet HQ in Thorp Street?

If so, the world is your Birmingham Oyster!!  If you come out of the BRB entrance and turn right - walk down to the corner and turn left.  Cross the dual carriageway and pass the Holiday Inn.  Ahead on the right is the entrance to John Lewis/Grand Central on top of New Street Station.  There's a good choice of eateries on the top level.

If you turn right at the Dual Carriageway and walk up you come to the Bull Ring, again with lots of eating places.

Opposite the Hippodrome Theatre is the Arcadian Centre - there are places to eat and drink in there too but can only comment on Milanos and James Daal, both of which I like.

On 14/09/2019 at 19:42, Lara Eschler said:

My ds had a great time. The London boys had an email to audition for the sleeping beauty earlier this week.  Unfortunately, due to the time commitment and days off school my ds won’t be able to audition for it , so feeling a bit deflated. Anyone else in the same position?

Hi

my son also had the email and he is at Eastleigh. I think all the JA boys received it.  The commitment is huge and not possible for us in Southampton, I'm in a new job and so many clashes for my DS. I also felt bad not being able to enable this opportunity  but I console myself with the fact that it really is not possible and there will be other chances. Last year there were RBS auditions for Mayflower Southampton which would have been more doable.

• Like 1

Also in years gone by my DDs dance teacher has got feedback which was really helpful. I think this far down the line now they may not still have the feedback to give as it’s been so long since the auditions. It’s our 3rd time on a wait list for JAs/MAs!!! People have been lucky before. I am sure if you email with your circumstances they will reply. Good Luck!

3 hours ago, Dancer123 said:

I have emailed before. They told me everyone had accepted their places so unlikely there would be anymore movement. Guess they can never be 100% sure as someone could drop out anytime up until October half term. Maybe someone might move abroad who knows!

Basically another Saturday activity came up which would be awesome... IF we didn’t have the SWL pending. She’d rather do the Associates a million times over. 

But this way she has nothing. 

On 18/09/2019 at 14:17, Jan McNulty said:

Do you mean the Birmingham Royal Ballet HQ in Thorp Street?

If so, the world is your Birmingham Oyster!!  If you come out of the BRB entrance and turn right - walk down to the corner and turn left.  Cross the dual carriageway and pass the Holiday Inn.  Ahead on the right is the entrance to John Lewis/Grand Central on top of New Street Station.  There's a good choice of eateries on the top level.

If you turn right at the Dual Carriageway and walk up you come to the Bull Ring, again with lots of eating places.

Opposite the Hippodrome Theatre is the Arcadian Centre - there are places to eat and drink in there too but can only comment on Milanos and James Daal, both of which I like.

Yes, many thanks, very helpful

also thanks to @meadowblythe