Jump to content

RBS Junior Associates 2019


Waverley

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Catlynn said:

 

They didn’t send any out last Friday and I’m sure they would want to send them out two consecutive days as there were 4 days of auditions. I could be wrong though as from what I have gathered from others,  results usually come out in centre order...which hasn’t been the case this time as Dundee was out today. 🤔

Ahhhhhhh, do they realise what torture it is?! They must already have the lists of yesses, SWLs and nos! But patience is a virtue...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dancer20 said:

My DD got a yes for yr 6 Totnes. Over the moon after a no last year. There is always another chance after a No

YAAAAAAY!!!  Congratulations to your DD and enjoy celebrating! Did you ask for feedback last year?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, MissEmily said:

YAAAAAAY!!!  Congratulations to your DD and enjoy celebrating! Did you ask for feedback last year?

 No I didn’t ask for feedback as they ask you not to. I was a professional dancer so knew there were some areas that were a little weak so just presumed it was that.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dancer20 said:

 No I didn’t ask for feedback as they ask you not to. I was a professional dancer so knew there were some areas that were a little weak so just presumed it was that.

 

Ah, I wondered if they asked you not to. That is a bit cheeky given the £50 audition fee, but equally I understand that fielding thousands of calls would be unfeasible...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dancing Daisy said:

As expected its a not yet for my DD kind of happy as it would have been a nightmare logistically.  Hopefully DD will want to try again next year.

You can smash it next time - sorry it was not yet on this occasion x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A Yes for DD for Dundee - bit of a shock at the very unexpected appearance of the email at lunchtime...

 

She got SWL last year for Newcastle (Year 4).

 

Hang on in there for London (sorry, feels like we skipped the queue! ). Congrats to the Yesses and if it's a 'Not Yet', reapply...

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Daintydancer said:

Just wondering how many on the forum are on SWL? We are for bath and Totnes. 

Its so hard waiting but keeping everything crossed 🤞🏻 

My DD is on the  SWL for Eastleigh - absolutely painful just waiting to hear! 😬🙏

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Daintydancer said:

I feel your pain! Have you put any other choices down? Have you rung the number? 

Put Bath as 2nd choice but haven’t phoned! Not sure whether to or not? 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Daintydancer said:

Feeling sorry for all those waiting on London 😢

 

At least we know the next set of results will be London. When, though, is still a mystery. My husband just sent me an email and I almost had heart failure as it is one of the only three emails I have received all day! 🙄🤣🤣

 

Congratulations to all the “yeses”, hugs for all the “not nows” and cheers 🥂🍻 to all of us still patiently (or impatiently) waiting for results and SWL 🙂

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Loueeze said:

When the lie on their front and bend their legs, knees together and feet out to the sides making a ‘v’ shape. 

So doing the frog? I've always wondered how this shows turnout.  My daughter looks to have a 175 turnout lol.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did ring Georgia earlier, there wasn’t much she would give away, only that this was a tough year with over 1400 applicants. She said she couldn’t say how many were on waiting list and there was no particular order. It’s just a case of wait and see 😬☹️ 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Loueeze said:

When the lie on their front and bend their legs, knees together and feet out to the sides making a ‘v’ shape. 

This is the first time I’ve understood this 🙈. I’ve tried to picture it from so many descriptions... just about to ask DD if she had to do it 😁

Edited by SJBallet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MummytoIzzy said:

So doing the frog? I've always wondered how this shows turnout.  My daughter looks to have a 175 turnout lol.  

No kind of the opposite - it’s like @Loueeze described. Most of us had never seen or heard of it before either 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, ExpatB said:

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I know nothing about the SWL.

Has anyone ever had luck finding out their DC’s position on the waiting list (chances)?

How really short is that list?

I’ve heard anecdotes of people getting places off the list, but no one I personally know.  

I’ve already responded “yes please” to the list, but have no idea of the chances.

I’m heartbroken for DD who who thinks “she’s kind of in and it’s just a matter of time now”.

I can’t tell her that she’s wrong or that she’s right... and she’s too small to understand. 

We got SWL last year for Eastleigh but nothing materialised for my DD. They do call if spaces appear so don’t give up hope just yet; just a heads up though,  the 2 terms that they refer to that you stay on the list for, only actually takes you up to Christmas, not Easter as we’d thought. My DD was lucky enough to be offered a space at her 2nd attempt and is just coming to the end of her JA training (she’s Y6). She’s again back on SWL for Mids, so full circle to where she started. Numbers on that list (Mids) could be quite high; there were 5 girls from her centre alone that were offered SWL! We had no clue how many there were likely to have been on the JA list when she was on it and hadn’t a clue how to find out. Thankfully, she has the determination to keep going so we’ll be back again trying for Mids next year.  Got to stay positive in all this. Good luck and hope you’re lucky enough to get the longed for call 🤞🏻

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Daintydancer said:

I did ring Georgia earlier, there wasn’t much she would give away, only that this was a tough year with over 1400 applicants. She said she couldn’t say how many were on waiting list and there was no particular order. It’s just a case of wait and see 😬☹️ 

 

OMG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Jete Battu said:

We got SWL last year for Eastleigh but nothing materialised for my DD. They do call if spaces appear so don’t give up hope just yet; just a heads up though,  the 2 terms that they refer to that you stay on the list for, only actually takes you up to Christmas, not Easter as we’d thought. 

 

Hi Jete,

the letter we got specifically states that we’d only be kept on the SWL until OCTOBER.

 

Quote:

We are often able to successfully place one or two wait-listed candidates up to and within the first few classes of September, however, if you have not been contacted by 01 October then it will mean we are unable to offer a place this year.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ExpatB said:

 

Hi Jete,

the letter we got specifically states that we’d only be kept on the SWL until OCTOBER.

 

Quote:

We are often able to successfully place one or two wait-listed candidates up to and within the first few classes of September, however, if you have not been contacted by 01 October then it will mean we are unable to offer a place this year.”

Yes - this is exactly the same for our letter! 🙏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Daintydancer said:

Apologies for being daft but I’m not sure which year my daughter would go into. She was 9 in may, year 4 at school. Would that mean she would go into yr 5 ja? 

 

Yes, she would be a Y5 JA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...