Jump to content
Waverley

RBS Junior Associates 2019

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

@Astrid so sorry you got a no but really glad you've got Elmhurst. I think it's a fantastic school. Hope to see you there on Saturday!

Thanks @Spamcat we are happy too! good luck with your wait! 🙂 xx

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Fairydust said:

Really looking forward to catching up at Elmhurst @Astrid, DD loved it last week. I’m sure they’ll have great adventures there x

Massive congrats @Fairydust that’s amazing news!! yes see you Saturday 🙂 xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TinyNEDancer said:

Oh really sorry to hear that, Astrid. But how wonderful that she has Elmhurst!! What a wonderful position to be in at the end of today xx

Thanks so much @TinyNEDancer it’s been quite stressful all this waiting, feel relieved we can crack on! it does feel a bit sad, but we feel very fortunate anyway! I have had a lovely time on this forum to be honest! 😅

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Astrid said:

Thanks so much @TinyNEDancer it’s been quite stressful all this waiting, feel relieved we can crack on! it does feel a bit sad, but we feel very fortunate anyway! I have had a lovely time on this forum to be honest! 😅

Hope Elmhurst goes really well 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JJ700 said:

Aww congratulations to all the yes's!! Making me nervous for bath results now 🙈. Maybe not long if they're doing 2 centres in 1 day. 

We are waiting for Totnes 😱😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JoB said:

We are waiting for Totnes 😱😱

We are waiting for Totnes too. Thinking it might be Friday! 😮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dancer20 said:

We are waiting for Totnes too. Thinking it might be Friday! 😮

That’s what I was thinking 🤔 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NicolaP17 said:

We are also waiting for Totnes year 5 🤗

Us too 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Emma101 said:

So nervous now. 

Which one are you waiting for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone. Congratulations to everyone who has got a yes and commiserations to those with a no. We got a yes today for Birmingham year 5 for my DD and I feel totally clueless and google has led me here so hoping someone can help with some questions I have as the email confirmation is only talking about fees 😂

Does anyone know what time the class is based on previous years and how long the class is for? Also how the 24 sessions are worked out e.g how many times per term they go. 

I signed her up without knowing too much about it thinking there’s no way she’d get in 🤦🏼‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Emma101 said:

Eastleigh 

Hopefully soon then 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Klumsy said:

Hi everyone. Congratulations to everyone who has got a yes and commiserations to those with a no. We got a yes today for Birmingham year 5 for my DD and I feel totally clueless and google has led me here so hoping someone can help with some questions I have as the email confirmation is only talking about fees 😂

Does anyone know what time the class is based on previous years and how long the class is for? Also how the 24 sessions are worked out e.g how many times per term they go. 

I signed her up without knowing too much about it thinking there’s no way she’d get in 🤦🏼‍♀️

Congratulations 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, balletboy8 said:

Me too! Y4

 

2 minutes ago, balletboy8 said:

Me too! Y4

Same year was you in group 5? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Emma101 said:

Eastleigh 

 

58 minutes ago, Emma101 said:

So nervous now. 

 

Hang in there, Emma. There are many of us here from the Eastleigh groups, all with about the same chance (not much, statistically). 

One way or another this will be over soon now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoB said:

Hopefully soon then 😄

I’m banking on Eastleigh coming out same day as London as children may have put both centres as their options. As London finished late my theory is Eastleigh will be late. Watch me be completely wrong now! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Emma101 said:

 

Same year was you in group 5? 

DS was in group 4 but he said it didn't go well as he had problems with his shorts and wouldn't leave them alone. He stopped mid movement to sort them out on a couple of occasions. Doesn't stop hope creeping in though 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely goes in centre order that’s why last year people thought the centre order had gone wrong but it was because people had auditioned in other earlier centres and got places in later centres. Not sure if that makes sense.

If you auditioned at Eastleigh for London and get a place (or don’t) you’ll find out the same time as the Eastleigh results come out as I understand it x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Klumsy said:

Hi everyone. Congratulations to everyone who has got a yes and commiserations to those with a no. We got a yes today for Birmingham year 5 for my DD and I feel totally clueless and google has led me here so hoping someone can help with some questions I have as the email confirmation is only talking about fees 😂

Does anyone know what time the class is based on previous years and how long the class is for? Also how the 24 sessions are worked out e.g how many times per term they go. 

I signed her up without knowing too much about it thinking there’s no way she’d get in 🤦🏼‍♀️

 

Congratulations xxxx 

 

Year 4/5 is a mixed year class with girls and boys from 12.45-3pm x

(Year 6 is girls and boys - 3.15-5.30pm)

 

These times are for the 24 sessions class (the other class runs slightly later if I recall)  ... and thats if it’s still the same as my dd is an MA now, but I think it is xx  

 

Once you accept the place you’ll get an email with a list of dates along with uniform list and a handbook within a week or two, but for info, the classes generally run term time with odd Saturdays off, and extended school holidays (so perhaps the Saturday before and after the school hols for example) xxx 

Edited by Balletmum55
Extra info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Balletmum55 said:

 

Congratulations xxxx 

 

Year 4/5 is a mixed year class with girls and boys from 12.45-3pm x

(Year 6 is girls and boys - 3.15-5.30pm)

 

These times are for the 24 sessions class (the other class runs slightly later if I recall)  ... and thats if it’s still the same as my dd is an MA now, but I think it is xx  

 

Once you accept the place you’ll get an email with a list of dates along with uniform list and a handbook within a week or two, but for info, the classes generally run term time with odd Saturdays off, and extended school holidays (so perhaps the Saturday before and after the school hols for example) xxx 

Thank you at least the class is at a reasonable time as we have an hour to travellers hope it’s the same this year! Xx

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of interest is anyone an associate and festival dancer? Do they allow time off for comps? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you are expected to prioritise the JAs, I know the girl in my daughters school  just does solos at festivals so that if there is a clash she just doesn’t do the festival and goes to JA- instead of potentially being in a position of letting down group /quartet dances etc. I know her mum was saying that no one misses the JA sessions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If someone missed JA sessions frequently they would probably lose their place. Occasional absences for special events e.g. annual school show would seem to be acceptable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Emma101 said:

Out of interest is anyone an associate and festival dancer? Do they allow time off for comps? 

Sorry am completely gatecrashing your thread, but well done to all the ‘yes’ so far and commiserations to the ‘no not yet’s. Just to say DS did three years of JAs also juggling festivals and being a cathedral chorister. We managed it and prioritised as best we could (sometimes with the tightest of logistics!) We were totally open and honest with everyone about where he was (I.e. he was never ‘sick’ unless he was actually ill). Luckily most comps he was in were around school holiday time and he didn’t actually miss much JAs at all. But he did get very tired. JAs is a long class, especially for the year 4s. In all honesty, it is not for everyone. But very much worth it for DS. Good luck to all still waiting for results xx

Edited by Wigglybunny
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge congratulations to the Yes families and much love to the No. I hope your DCs bounce back well and determined for trying again. Their No’s aren’t nevers, they truly mean it when they say “it can often be a just not yet”.we had our yes this year after SWL last. Stick with it xxx 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...