RBS Junior Associates 2019

AllAboutTheJourney

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did ring Georgia earlier, there wasn’t much she would give away, only that this was a tough year with over 1400 applicants. She said she couldn’t say how many were on waiting list and there was no particular order. It’s just a case of wait and see 😬☹️ 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Loueeze said:

When the lie on their front and bend their legs, knees together and feet out to the sides making a ‘v’ shape. 

This is the first time I’ve understood this 🙈. I’ve tried to picture it from so many descriptions... just about to ask DD if she had to do it 😁

Edited by SJBallet

21 hours ago, ExpatB said:

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I know nothing about the SWL.

Has anyone ever had luck finding out their DC’s position on the waiting list (chances)?

How really short is that list?

I’ve heard anecdotes of people getting places off the list, but no one I personally know.  

I’ve already responded “yes please” to the list, but have no idea of the chances.

I’m heartbroken for DD who who thinks “she’s kind of in and it’s just a matter of time now”.

I can’t tell her that she’s wrong or that she’s right... and she’s too small to understand. 

We got SWL last year for Eastleigh but nothing materialised for my DD. They do call if spaces appear so don’t give up hope just yet; just a heads up though,  the 2 terms that they refer to that you stay on the list for, only actually takes you up to Christmas, not Easter as we’d thought. My DD was lucky enough to be offered a space at her 2nd attempt and is just coming to the end of her JA training (she’s Y6). She’s again back on SWL for Mids, so full circle to where she started. Numbers on that list (Mids) could be quite high; there were 5 girls from her centre alone that were offered SWL! We had no clue how many there were likely to have been on the JA list when she was on it and hadn’t a clue how to find out. Thankfully, she has the determination to keep going so we’ll be back again trying for Mids next year.  Got to stay positive in all this. Good luck and hope you’re lucky enough to get the longed for call 🤞🏻

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Daintydancer said:

I did ring Georgia earlier, there wasn’t much she would give away, only that this was a tough year with over 1400 applicants. She said she couldn’t say how many were on waiting list and there was no particular order. It’s just a case of wait and see 😬☹️ 

OMG

13 minutes ago, Jete Battu said:

We got SWL last year for Eastleigh but nothing materialised for my DD. They do call if spaces appear so don’t give up hope just yet; just a heads up though,  the 2 terms that they refer to that you stay on the list for, only actually takes you up to Christmas, not Easter as we’d thought. 

Hi Jete,

the letter we got specifically states that we’d only be kept on the SWL until OCTOBER.

Quote:

We are often able to successfully place one or two wait-listed candidates up to and within the first few classes of September, however, if you have not been contacted by 01 October then it will mean we are unable to offer a place this year.”

1 hour ago, ExpatB said:

Hi Jete,

the letter we got specifically states that we’d only be kept on the SWL until OCTOBER.

Quote:

We are often able to successfully place one or two wait-listed candidates up to and within the first few classes of September, however, if you have not been contacted by 01 October then it will mean we are unable to offer a place this year.”

Yes - this is exactly the same for our letter! 🙏

3 minutes ago, Daintydancer said:

Apologies for being daft but I’m not sure which year my daughter would go into. She was 9 in may, year 4 at school. Would that mean she would go into yr 5 ja? 

Yes, she would be a Y5 JA.

1 hour ago, Waverley said:

No kind of the opposite - it’s like @Loueeze described. Most of us had never seen or heard of it before either 😂

I have just given it a go myself! Haven't got bad turnout lol.  Totally misunderstood it! Will get my DD to show me in the morning.  :)

My DD wasn’t successful after 2 attempts at JAs but I found this forum a mixed blessing at the time. This was because a disproportionate amount of Yes’s get posted. As quoted, numbers applying are huge so the vast majority will receive a no. I don’t want this to sound like a negative post, more a reality check for all those who haven’t posted, but may read the forum and may not have got a yes. 

As we all know lots that don’t make JAs enjoy success in other schemes like LCB, EYB and other associates. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Balletsister said:

My DD wasn’t successful after 2 attempts at JAs but I found this forum a mixed blessing at the time. This was because a disproportionate amount of Yes’s get posted. As quoted, numbers applying are huge so the vast majority will receive a no. I don’t want this to sound like a negative post, more a reality check for all those who haven’t posted, but may read the forum and may not have got a yes. 

As we all know lots that don’t make JAs enjoy success in other schemes like LCB, EYB and other associates. 

👏👏 that's such a sensible and pragmatic post, it's exactly what lots of people needed to read this week/month. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Balletsister said:

I shall be proudly posting our ‘no’ in the interest of accurate representation 😂(If we ever find out...)

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Dancedevil said:

I was convinced those that were yeses would have already been told so it’s reassuring we’re all in the same boat!!

9 minutes ago, Dancedevil said:

I was convinced those that were yeses would have already been told so it’s reassuring we’re all in the same boat!!

As far as I know that is not a thing - the yeses and no’s come out at more or less the same time, it seems they do it by audition order, year 6 results generally come first as they generally audition the oldest first 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

Is is RAD exam for us today. So one way it is good to be blissfully unaware about outcome. Still could hope and dream. Hope it would be today, but I am somewhat sceptical. Have a lovely day/ weekend. 

Good luck with exam 😊

24 minutes ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

Is is RAD exam for us today. So one way it is good to be blissfully unaware about outcome. Still could hope and dream. Hope it would be today, but I am somewhat sceptical. Have a lovely day/ weekend. 

Good luck for the exam! 

1 minute ago, BattementBatty said:

How important do you think the photos are?  My daughter was really ill (looks terrible dark circles etc) when we took them but had to do them that day as we were running late for sending them in!

It won’t  matter one scrap that you’re Dd was not looking well that day. They are looking at the photos for physical purposes only. Leg length versus body length, feet, neck length etc. Experts can also tell a fair bit about hip rotation from a photo too, although I’m not sure that’s applicable for JA photos. It also won’t  matter what quality the photos are providing they can see what they need to see! Photos in your living room are fine. Your photos will be kept on file for future reference and so they can begin to build a profile of potential students.

• Like 1