Hong Kong RBS spring intensive 2019

leotardmum

I wish!! Have a lovely time! Be interesting to hear how you find staying there & costs etc...

Are you a parent or teacher accompanying a dancer?

My secret wish this year was to apply for DD to dance & me to do the Inspire Teacher seminars.... I didn’t as costs would not have been possible but one can dream 😌

10 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

I wish!! Have a lovely time! Be interesting to hear how you find staying there & costs etc...

Are you a parent or teacher accompanying a dancer?

My secret wish this year was to apply for DD to dance & me to do the Inspire Teacher seminars.... I didn’t as costs would not have been possible but one can dream 😌

we are an ex Newcastle upon Tyne family living here in oz so Hong Kong not too far away from us .....we did white lodge last year which was fab so intrigued to see/hear how or if courses differ much , i suspect it will be mainly ozzies and locals  but you never know ! x

18 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

As an ex ex pat (!) I’m even more jealous!! I spent a year living in Sydney over 20 years ago now & cant believe I’m not back there permanently! 

Me too! Only it was 3 yrs over 25 yrs ago! I still miss Sydney!

• 1 month later...

One outcome from the RBS Spring Intensive in Hong Kong this year...

There were a number of students that were invited to become 'international scholars' i.e. access into the White Lodge summer school and short stay opportunities over the next few years.

I guess this was foreshadowed by earlier threads i.e. RBS not attending YAGP this year and encouraging interested students to attend RBS summer schools and/or the international  Intensives instead.

RBS attends Asian Grand Prix and scholarships are given out there  from them  ( no idea how many )  - big competition over here covering many countries incl Australia and NZ on yearly basis with finals in Hong Kong  In August - just for interest wrt which comps RBS are present at/named at   seeing they dont do YAGP at present .....

On 03/06/2019 at 15:05, DD Driver said:

One outcome from the RBS Spring Intensive in Hong Kong this year...

There were a number of students that were invited to become 'international scholars' i.e. access into the White Lodge summer school and short stay opportunities over the next few years.

I guess this was foreshadowed by earlier threads i.e. RBS not attending YAGP this year and encouraging interested students to attend RBS summer schools and/or the international  Intensives instead.

yes - just seen an  announcement on  a  dance schools FB site for one child  - great news!

• Like 1