Worldwide livestreaming thread

This doesn't really fit under either television or cinema, so I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread for news of the increasing number of live-streamed performances etc. (although the Royal Ballet Insights/rehearsals have their own thread).  From the "German" thread:

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 19:41, Angela said:

Live Stream of "Jewels" from Munich: On Thursday, 11 April 2019, 7.30 pm CEST / 5.30 pm UCT, Bavarian State Ballet broadcasts George Balanchine's Jewels from Munich Nationaltheater, live and for free. A replay on demand will be available for 24 hours. You can start the stream until 11.59 a.m. on Saturday and watch the whole show.

Watch via www.staatsoper.tv

Cast:

Emeralds

Prisca Zeisel - Emilio Pavan

Jeanette Kakareka - Henry Grey

Pas de trois: Antonia McAuley, Vera Segova, Dmitrii Vyskubenko  

Rubies

Ashley Bouder - Osiel Gouneo

Prisca Zeisel

Diamonds

Alina Somova - Vladimir Shklyarov

Soloists and corps de ballet of the Bavarian State Ballet

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 21:07, Dawnstar said:

Thank you @Angela - that's my Friday evening booked!

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 21:56, alison said:

Wow - the casting!

• Like 8

The Barbican's Night of 100 Solos on Tues April 16th, celebrating Merce Cunningham,  will be live streamed. 

Dancers taking part in London include: Luke Ahmet, Harry Alexander, Elly Braund, Siobhan Davies, Inés Depauw, Daphne Fernberger, Jonathan Goddard, Asha Gracia, Thomasin Gülgeç, Francesca Hayward, Hannah Kidd, Catherine LeGrand, Sophie Martin, Estela Merlos, Mbulelo Ndabeni, Michael Nunn, Rowan Parker, Elsa Raymond, Joseph Sissens, Beatriz Stix-Brunell, Toke Strandby, Asha Thomas, Billy Trevitt, Luc Verbitzky, and Benjamin Warbis.

Details here

https://www.barbican.org.uk/whats-on/2019/event/night-of-100-solos-a-centennial-event

• Like 4

The Royal Opera House posted this on their Facebook page 2 hours ago. Are Bonelli and Cuthbertson to dance the Live Cinema Relay now? What happened to Naghdi/Ball casting? If indeed Naghdi/Ball are to perform R&J in the Live relay why are they using the wrong dancers to advertise and promote this event? I am puzzled.
Royal Opera House
2 hrs · 

A wonderful ballroom scene from The Royal Ballet's Romeo and Juliet, featuring Federico Bonelli and Lauren Cuthbertson in the title roles 💕

As part of BP Big Screens, there will be free outdoor screenings of Romeo and Juliet in the UK on 11 June. It will also be relayed in cinemas around the world on the same date 🌍🎥

56542225_2156548421101508_8802834398580834304_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=bf9cd87093c523623e4a30aed64eb93e&oe=5D45C2F4

41 minutes ago, Xandra Newman said:
The Royal Opera House posted this on their Facebook page 2 hours ago. Are Bonelli and Cuthbertson to dance the Live Cinema Relay now? What happened to Naghdi/Ball casting? If indeed Naghdi/Ball are to perform R&J in the Live relay why are they using the wrong dancers to advertise and promote this event? I am puzzled.
Royal Opera House
2 hrs · 

A wonderful ballroom scene from The Royal Ballet's Romeo and Juliet, featuring Federico Bonelli and Lauren Cuthbertson in the title roles 💕

As part of BP Big Screens, there will be free outdoor screenings of Romeo and Juliet in the UK on 11 June. It will also be relayed in cinemas around the world on the same date 🌍🎥

Presumably because since B and C are already available on DVD there is footage of them which they can put on the Facebook page, which of course there isn't for N and B.

• Like 1

Today, in 80 minutes from now, is a live stream on YouTube from the City of Cheboksary (spelling?). It's another international ballet competition. Got this link from Ksenja Ovsjanick (State Ballet Berlin), she will perform there.

Edited by Sabine0308

On 12/04/2019 at 14:17, Lynette H said:

The Barbican's Night of 100 Solos on Tues April 16th, celebrating Merce Cunningham,  will be live streamed. 

Dancers taking part in London include: Luke Ahmet, Harry Alexander, Elly Braund, Siobhan Davies, Inés Depauw, Daphne Fernberger, Jonathan Goddard, Asha Gracia, Thomasin Gülgeç, Francesca Hayward, Hannah Kidd, Catherine LeGrand, Sophie Martin, Estela Merlos, Mbulelo Ndabeni, Michael Nunn, Rowan Parker, Elsa Raymond, Joseph Sissens, Beatriz Stix-Brunell, Toke Strandby, Asha Thomas, Billy Trevitt, Luc Verbitzky, and Benjamin Warbis.

Details here

https://www.barbican.org.uk/whats-on/2019/event/night-of-100-solos-a-centennial-event

No longer live, but this is still currently available -  I don't know for how long. https://www.mercecunningham.org/activities/night-of-100-solos/

Rather an eccentric  90 minutes,  I thought, more to do with stasis than the sort of flowing ballet movement I prefer.  I also believe dance works best with recognisable music, rather than random scratchy noises !  The work gave little expression of human emotion or  interaction, making it difficult to feel empathy.  

I most enjoyed seeing the pink  RB team, particularly Ms Hayward's umbrella dance and longer solo (yes, she is finally back!) ,  the striking Ms Stix-Brunell, and the powerful, adept, and  up-and-coming Mr Sissens.

Edited by Richard LH

The live stream events for the Cunningham centennial can all be accessed from here

https://www.mercecunningham.org/activities/night-of-100-solos/

Includes the performances in New York and Los Angeles as well as the London performance. 

Dancers in New York

Kyle Abraham, Christian Allen, Mariah Anton (understudy), Reid Bartelme, Jacqueline Bulnes, Cecily Campbell, Peiju Chien-Pott, Maggie Cloud, Jason Collins, Marc Crousillat, Angela Falk, Peter Farrow (understudy), Tamisha Guy, Jacquelin Harris, Forrest Hersey, Eleanor Hullihan, Shayla-Vie Jenkins, Claude “CJ” Johnson, Lindsey Jones, Sara Mearns, Sharon Milanese, Chalvar Monteiro, David Norsworthy, Keith Sabado, Vicky Shick, Joshua Tuason, and Anson Zwingelberg

Dancers in Los Angeles

Paige Amicon, Cemiyon Barber (understudy), Barry Brannum, Lorrin Brubaker, Rena Butler, Tamsin Carlson, Erin Dowd, Katherine Helen Fisher, Joshua Guillemot-Rodgerson, Casey Hess, Thomas House, Laurel Jenkins, Burr Johnson, Vanessa Knouse, Cori Kresge, Brian Lawson, Jessica Liu, Victor Lozano, Una Ludviksen (understudy), Daniel McCusker, Polly Motley, Jermaine Maurice Spivey, Savannah Spratt, Pam Tanowitz, Ros Warby, Riley Watts, and Sam Wentz

I think this is available for one week. 

• Like 1

New York City Ballet is live-streaming a rehearsal of Justin Peck’s Rodeo: Four Dance Episodes with Sara Mearns, Russell Janzen, Daniel Ulbricht, Gonzalo Garcia, Anthony Huxley, and other dancers Thursday April 18 at noon New York time, which I think is 5 pm British time.

• Like 2

Just copying Toursenlair's notice here as it really sounds too good to miss.  Love Peck's Rodeo ... Hope Taylor Stanley shows up in it somewhere.  He was in the original and seems to be something of a real muse for Peck.  ... Again, thanks be to Katherine ...

NYCB will be live-streaming a rehearsal of Justin Peck’s Rodeo: Four Dance Episodes with Sara Mearns, Russell Janzen, Daniel Ulbricht, Gonzalo Garcia, Anthony Huxley, and other dancers on Thursday April 18 starting at 12 noon New York time (5 pm in Britain, I think). 

Ooops see Katherine was posting at the same time .... Moderators please delete mine ... No need for the repetition ... regardless of any minor narrative input.  Am coming to find that less from people like me is much more from a BcoF perspective nowadays .. and I have so much on my own plate otherwise as it is.  A whole new crowd has taken over which is as it should be.  Best now leave it to them.  Hope to continue to read with interest. 

Edited by Bruce Wall

Not at all, Bruce.  Continuity is much appreciated, as is all the information you give us about what is happening outside the UK, especially Stateside.  So please keep it coming, as well as your thoughts on what you see. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For all the new Cherkaoui fans in London who liked his Medusa: there's a live stream of the opera Alceste by Gluck today at 19.00 CET from the Munich State Opera - staging and choreography by Cherkaoui. The dancers are from his company Eastman. 

https://www.staatsoper.de/tv.html

Cast: https://www.staatsoper.de/en/productioninfo/alceste.html

• 6 months later...

Not quite sure to place this so perhaps mods can move it if necessary but a friend told me Ratmansky's Giselle is being live streamed, possibly on the Bolshoi video channel Dec 26th. Can't see anything about it on their website but just though I'd mention it in case it happens. If it does happen you go on the Bolshoi website and click on the small Bolshoi theatre logo at the top right hand side and this takes you to the video channel. We'll have to wait and see.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Pas de Quatre said:

I think your friend might be slightly muddled. There is a live stream performance on January 26th which is being screened in various cinemas. 

Ah, that's probably it then. I didn't realise it was the date of the livestream. 

• Like 1