Darcey leaves Strictly

It's being reported widely in the tabloid press that BBC bosses want Carlos Acosta to replace Darcey!

Here's one report:  https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/strictly-bosses-want-ballet-star-14389193

Given that he is taking over at BRB and continuing with his company and school in Cuba how could this possibly work???

• Like 6

On 18/04/2019 at 20:50, penelopesimpson said:

Anyone (well, almost) but Bonnie Langford.  I know she is a trouper and all that but my she is irritating.

I've heard a lot of people say this about Bonnie Langford, and  find it a bit puzzling.  As far as I am aware, she hasn't actually appeared that much on television, has she?  I think of her primarily as a stage actress.  The last thing I can remember seeing her in on tv was the Just William series when she was a child.  Goodness she was irritating in that, but then Violet Elizabeth Bott was meant to be!

I met her once, and found her to be extremely charming.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fonty said:

I've heard a lot of people say this about Bonnie Langford, and  find it a bit puzzling.  As far as I am aware, she hasn't actually appeared that much on television, has she?  I think of her primarily as a stage actress.  The last thing I can remember seeing her in on tv was the Just William series when she was a child.  Goodness she was irritating in that, but then Violet Elizabeth Bott was meant to be!

I met her once, and found her to be extremely charming.  

She was a contestant in Dancing on Ice one year and, I thought, came over very well.

I've also seen her on chat shows and such like and she, again, came over very well.

I think she has recently been in Eastenders too.

I rather suspect the "annoying" tag relates to her as a precious child star, including Violet Elizabeth rather than recent years but it is always hard to shake off a "tag" once given.

• Like 5

I loved Ms Bussell as a judge - it was great to have such knowledge there. (in stark comparison to the dance-ignorance of Ms Dixon). So pleeeeeeeeese, BBC, appoint someone who knows what they're talking about. Bonnie Langford would be fab!

(I still miss Arlene Phillips).

• Like 2

I had a rather bizarre dream last week. (I'm almost too embarrassed to share it, but I want to give you all a bit of a laugh or at least make you screw your face up and think  'eh?'). So here it is, the REAL REASON Darcey left Strictly:

Darcey left Strictly in order to guest with the Royal Ballet as Bertha in Ondine. It's happening next season, May 2020 to be precise! 'That should shift some tickets'  I thought, as I pictured her clutching on for dear life on the shipwreck!  Whatever is going on in my poor head that made me dream this, I do not know.

Just in case anyone is worried, I do have some exciting dreams, and yes, a few of them don't involve ballet....

re Bonnie Langford - she is smart and articulate whatever her various tv characters may have led you to believe.

45 minutes ago, Rob S said:

The clear favourite on the Strictly group I co-admin is Karen Hardy

That would be wonderful but as Karen has been suggested every time a judge leaves, I suspect she would have been appointed before now if she really was in the running. 🙁

Some Strictly It Takes Two news:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47978146

I must confess to not being a huge fan of Rylan Clark-Neal.  I find his tombstone teeth rather off putting.    

I think it is very unlikely Karen Hardy would be made a judge, as she has been suggested so many times and never made it.  Sadly, I would be astounded if Bonnie Langford was appointed as well.  I think the BBC will go for some young, glamorous cutie who will have a rather tenuous connection to the type of dancing, but will look fabulous in a parade of designer frocks.  The reason given will be that she will appeal to the younger generation....

• Like 1