Elmhurst Young Dancers questions

Astrid

Thank you TinyNEDancer! It will probably never happen, but I just wanted a little mental preparation! DD teacher is helping me take photos next week, so I thought it was about time I started a little research of my own 😉 Unfortunately, although my friend's daughter loves BBA in Devon, we just can't get there on Sundays. Birmingham is a long way, especially commit to every week. Radstock is the most convenient, but unlikely to get a place haha!

Apologies for starting up this thread again, but I guessed several of you might know the answers to my questions 🙂

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, In at the deep end said:

Thank you TinyNEDancer! It will probably never happen, but I just wanted a little mental preparation! DD teacher is helping me take photos next week, so I thought it was about time I started a little research of my own 😉 Unfortunately, although my friend's daughter loves BBA in Devon, we just can't get there on Sundays. Birmingham is a long way, especially commit to every week. Radstock is the most convenient, but unlikely to get a place haha!

Apologies for starting up this thread again, but I guessed several of you might know the answers to my questions 🙂

It’s not a problem! Happy to answer any questions we can. There are two other threads about Elmhurst and Ballet Boost that we started once we had accepted offers. They might also be useful. Ask away though. People were so helpful to me this time last year, I’m not sure where I would be without this forum! 

• Like 1

@In at the deep end I highly recommend Elmhurst, my daughter is in year 4 there and loves it!

On another subject, did any other young dancers on here apply for the Royal Opera House chance to dance Easter school? I am intrigued to know what they mean by a ballot. Do they mean people vote for who gets in and if so how do they know who they are voting for if there is no audition?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spamcat said:

@In at the deep end I highly recommend Elmhurst, my daughter is in year 4 there and loves it!

On another subject, did any other young dancers on here apply for the Royal Opera House chance to dance Easter school? I am intrigued to know what they mean by a ballot. Do they mean people vote for who gets in and if so how do they know who they are voting for if there is no audition?

I think it means that the children in the ballot have a chance of their names being (randomly) selected (as opposed to being voted on), but i'm not 100% sure! We didn't enter DDs name as the rehearsals clash with EYB... Good luck to yours Spamcat!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spamcat said:

Thank you @Spamcat My DD would be applying for a yr4 place, and she is also tiny for her age! Her birthday is in June, so she's be a young one. I have a friend who really recommends Elmhust too, I just didn't know if we could commit to a long journey every week.... It's good to hear that your daughter loves it too. We may well just try and audition and see what it's like! Then wait and hear if they like her😉

9 hours ago, In at the deep end said:

Thank you @Spamcat My DD would be applying for a yr4 place, and she is also tiny for her age! Her birthday is in June, so she's be a young one. I have a friend who really recommends Elmhust too, I just didn't know if we could commit to a long journey every week.... It's good to hear that your daughter loves it too. We may well just try and audition and see what it's like! Then wait and hear if they like her😉

Yes I would definitely say go for it. The journey seems long at first but you get used to it and it is so worth it. We are lucky we can do alternate weeks with a friend who also got in.

Good luck @DD_dancer and everyone who applied for chance to dance. If it is names out of a hat then I guess chances are slim!

• Like 1