Elmhurst Young Dancers questions

Astrid

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations :) I assume if your on a SWL they would have told you.  

I'm not sure about Elmhurst as we were told Plymouth offered 2 places last year one declined as they lived to far.  I don't believe if was offered out again.  Hth.  

8 hours ago, MummytoIzzy said:

Congratulations :) I assume if your on a SWL they would have told you.  

I'm not sure about Elmhurst as we were told Plymouth offered 2 places last year one declined as they lived to far.  I don't believe if was offered out again.  

Edited by Crazylifecrazykids

Does anyone know what date they start in September? Just found out my DD has a Taekwondo grading on first Saturday of September (usually they are on Sundays). Obviously Elmhurst comes first but really hoping they don't clash. I guess we will be sent some info soon about dates, cost, uniform etc. I still know nothing!

1 hour ago, Spamcat said:

Does anyone know what date they start in September? Just found out my DD has a Taekwondo grading on first Saturday of September (usually they are on Sundays). Obviously Elmhurst comes first but really hoping they don't clash. I guess we will be sent some info soon about dates, cost, uniform etc. I still know nothing!

It will most likely be 14th September. They usually follow Elmhurst school terms.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I guess you have all had the email with all the forms and uniform info? How exciting!

Does anyone know what the leotard sizing is like? My DD is about to turn 8 and quite petite. I don't know whether to go for a 6-7 or 8-10? She currently fits a size 1 in Freed Rad leotard.

Thanks. xx

Hi @Spamcat ours arrived today! I went for 8-10 and it fits just right (6-7 would have been way to small in length)! 

Tracksuit is a bit baggy but she will grow into it - the bottoms are quite big round waist but don’t fall down. We got 7-8.

ballet shoes we got the narrow fit and they fit about the same as her current ones and are ok (we got size 3, she is a 2 in normal shoes). 

Jazz shoes - she is a 2 and we got a 5 (website said to). They are a bit big as she has such narrow feet but they are alright. 

We got 7-8 in jazz shorts and they are great with a bit of room to spare. 

Hope that helps?! DD is 128cm. 

exciting! 🙂

Oh thank you @Astrid that is really helpful! I've not had much luck with ballet shoes lately for both my kids, sizing in all brands is so different! Ive had to send so many back. My DD is 126cm so I think I'll go for the 8-10 too then or it won't fit her for long.

Jazz shoes did you get the lace up or the slip ons? Shorts is it the unisex black shorts pictured on the boy? I can't see any 'Jazz shorts' on the website.

Thank you!!! 😘

@Spamcat yes the jazz shorts are the boys shorts, I needed help with that too! 

the ballet shoes are satin Bloch if that’s any help as well? 

we got the lace up ones because she has such narrow feet I thought it would mean I could pull them in more - which has actually helped as they would have been a bit baggy on the sides otherwise! They are Bloch as well. 

DD loves it all! I have to say it’s all really good quality. she can’t wait to get going! 💃🏼 Xx

• Like 1

Spamcat, we always had this issue too - very long legs and a very petite frame meant that any leggings/trousers etc which were long enough were comically huge around the waist, hips and bottom. Gap’s Long and Lean jeans and leggings were the only ones which ever came close to looking ‘normal’ - and then they stopped selling this range! Thank goodness that waists can be taken in 😉

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi everyone! I apologise for the stupid question, but the time has almost come to start applications for RBS JA, Ballet Boost BBA and Elmhurst Junior dancers. I'd like to see them all, just to get a feel for each and I think it would be a good experience for both me (no dance background!!) and my daughter? 

Could I confirm that Elmhurst is every Saturday? The others are about once a month? Many thanks x

7 minutes ago, In at the deep end said:

Wow, we went to the insight day in Bath and were told it would be roughly once once month! If DD were to get in, this would be even more time consuming than I first thought!! 😕

Mmmmm Leeds has 32 lessons term time between mid sept and mid june. I know some centres have the option of 24 lessons. But it is def more than once a month!

3 hours ago, In at the deep end said:

Hi everyone! I apologise for the stupid question, but the time has almost come to start applications for RBS JA, Ballet Boost BBA and Elmhurst Junior dancers. I'd like to see them all, just to get a feel for each and I think it would be a good experience for both me (no dance background!!) and my daughter? 

Could I confirm that Elmhurst is every Saturday? The others are about once a month? Many thanks x

Where are you based? Some of the answers depend on which centre you would be going to! 

7 minutes ago, In at the deep end said:

Thanks for your answers! We're near Bristol. I know someone in BBA Devon, and have seen the timetable there. I'm just trying to weigh up which would be do-able. I'm not expecting her to get in, but don't want to waste anyone's time by auditioning for somewhere we couldn't commit to, should the chance arise! 

I was going to say, the BBA timetables are on their websites, helpfully! Sure someone could send you a copy of the others on this forum. We’re in the north rather unhelpfully!