Elmhurst Young Dancers questions

Astrid

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Farawaydancer said:

@TinyNEDancer the y4 audition in Sunderland usually has around 25-30 in each audition class. The class sizes for each year group tend to be between 8 and 12, but there’s no set number. The teacher is very lovely and your dd will have a fabulous time. Good luck to her!

Thank you! That’s so helpful. Eek. I’ll let you know how it goes 😬

Edited by TinyNEDancer
Typo

18 hours ago, Spamcat said:

@TinyNEDancer oh ok I misunderstood and thought it was today! My DD preferred the Elmhurst audition. She said the judges were much more smiley! I think she has got muddled up now about what happened at which audition but it was all quite similar stuff I think. I'll tell you what I remember. She had to improvise with arms I remember. Lots of skipping and lots of stretches. They didn't have to take their socks off at Elmhurst. She has absolutely loved her two taster classes!

So if your DD gets in would her class be in Sunderland or Birmingham?

Brilliant!! Thank you for all of your help. It would be Sunderland. I’ll update on here when we have some news 🤞🏼😬

16 hours ago, Cazsmith said:

My little girl really enjoyed it said she preferred it to the rbs audition. Their seemed to be a lot more to do in this audition stretching gallops leaps skips turns barre work basic positions. She said the teacher was lovely audition took just over an hr was 24 In Her group and their was another group after hers x

Thank you so much!! Good luck. I hope you hear soon!! 

Hi @TinyNEDancer I think @Spamcat has already answered quite a lot above but there was 3 groups auditioning for year 4 (we were group 3). I’m not sure how many in our class yet but my husband took her to the taster and said about 15 possibly more. Both DD and I had a much nicer time at elmhurst auditions, we were both more relaxed which helped, it was very welcoming and I met some nice mums @Spamcat being one of them! I think I have mentioned previously that DD isn’t the most flexible or the best technically but she does have a lot of enthusiasm 😅 so I think the best thing she can do is to enjoy it as much as possible 🙂 (easier said than done)! xxx

• Like 1

My daughter had her Elmhurst associate audition in Plymouth this morning.  She thought Miss Lindsey was lovely and she really enjoyed the audition.  It was just over an hour and 45 minutes long.

She has returned home demonstrating what she did.  Lots of skips, gallops, dancing to the music with what they felt (emotion), stretches, barre work and some spinning skips.

She did say she had a correction at one point.  To me this is a good thing as a audition/lesson is to also show they can listen.  to instruction and correction (I hope).  

It's going to be a long week waiting.  She tried her best and had a great time and I would recommend auditioning to anyone as it was a very positive experience for her.  Having only started with her ballet school in January and going into her first associate audition I think this was a perfect fit.

I just hope they feel the same :)

Good luck everyone! 

Edited by MummytoIzzy
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Astrid said:

Hi @TinyNEDancer I think @Spamcat has already answered quite a lot above but there was 3 groups auditioning for year 4 (we were group 3). I’m not sure how many in our class yet but my husband took her to the taster and said about 15 possibly more. Both DD and I had a much nicer time at elmhurst auditions, we were both more relaxed which helped, it was very welcoming and I met some nice mums @Spamcat being one of them! I think I have mentioned previously that DD isn’t the most flexible or the best technically but she does have a lot of enthusiasm 😅 so I think the best thing she can do is to enjoy it as much as possible 🙂 (easier said than done)! xxx

Yes I found that again this weekend, it is lovely there and everyone is really friendly. Good luck to everyone who's applied at the other centres. Xx

We have just received our email from Manchester at the weekend....DD got a yes for Yr6.   Really pleased for her but I doubt we'll be able to take it up as she was lucky enough to also get RBS in Birmingham   Anyone know if it's possible to transfer from Manchester to Birmingham for Elmhurst as we are Midlands based so RBS makes more sense?

36 minutes ago, MummytoIzzy said:

@Spamcat how long did you find results took to come out please?  Another mum said Elmhurst only took on one child last year.  Must stop refreshing e mails 🙃

24 minutes ago, Fairydust said:

hello @MummytoIzzy my DD auditioned on 18th May and results were promised by the following Friday but got delayed :( we received them on 28th May 2.46pm

good luck xx

Well done for getting a yes! Must have felt like forever at the time :) 

Much quicker than the RAD at least.  A few girls have applied from our school.  I hope one of them gets in for morale.  They all work so hard bless them and are such lovely dancers. X

Thank you for the luck if not this year we will try again next year.  My daughter only turned 8 last week so is one of the youngest ones x 🥰

@MummytoIzzy my DD isn't 8 until end of August and she got in. There seemed to be quite a few new year 4s. Her friend who is a very good dancer applied for yr5 though and didn't get in, I guess there are less places as the yr 4s are all going up.

We also heard 10 days after the audition. A lot quicker than RBS!

Sunderland results are out, it’s a yes for my DS ❤️ he’s already been offered an RBS place so we will be unlikely to accept it I think as timing would be too difficult.

good luck to all waiting!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lara Eschler said:

Congratulations!!!

32 minutes ago, Astrid said:

Brilliant news tiny I bet she is over the moon, I’m so pleased for you! 💃🏼😊

Thank you both so much. She is sooooo happy! 

Agh this is Tiny, I got locked out of my account so thought I had to set a new one up. I’m going to try and go back to Tiny though now!! 

Edited by Clementine
Username issue
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Dotty said:

Yes, my DD is on it for Y4 entry. I doubt anyone will decline their place though? X

There is a good chance I think as quite a few will decline a place if they get into RBS. Fingers crossed we'll be seeing you in September 🤞🤞

34 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

#crazylifecrazykids

hi, did you decline for Birmingham? Did you get a response back? We declined yesterday for year 5 as well.

Hi no not Birmingham and only did it this evening. I had provisionally accepted but we've had  a RBS JA offer now and another associate offer too, so can't do Elmhurst, all a bit surreal really