Elmhurst Young Dancers questions

Astrid

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you @Pinkpip100 that is really helpful.

My DD is very excited about her taster lesson tomorrow. She has a stinking cold and has been quite ill today and had to stay off school. I know she wouldn't miss it for the world though, so I hope she'll be ok tomorrow! Getting ready for the early start tomorrow to get there for 8.45, about 1hr 40 mins journey.

@Pinkpip100 do you know if we can park on site in the morning? At the audition we had to park at the cricket ground.

@Fairydust my DH is taking her tomorrow. Look out for the Dad with very long hair! Hopefully I'll see you next week.

@Spamcat DD is so excited too. What a fantastic opportunity for them. Looking forward to meeting you all, will look out for long haired man 😂😂😂 I have short dark a-symmetrical hair. My DH will be there with us for September classes.

So lovely to get such support from others too xx

• Like 1

Thanks Pinkpip!

Fairydust we must have been at the same audition so might recognise you. I wish I could come tomorrow but it's the school fete and I have to help (in the rain probably!)

Thank you very much  for the info.

My son is in class right now for Year 5 taster but brought by daddy. Trying to get info out of husband🤦‍♀️. He said there were only 4 or 5 children going in. Thought they would be joining the whole group?

Anyway, I am very excited can t wait to find out more .

My DD was in the free class this morning. She said her class was only the new kids. That there were somewhere between 12 and 16 and they were all girls. She made a new friend who she remembered from the audition. She said it was amazing and she loved it! ❤

My DD is yr is 4 and so maybe they do the years separately. Also her good friend who has got in is a boy also yr 4 and we are really hoping they will be in the same class but he has been given the 22nd and 29th for free lessons so not looking good. (We have this week and 15th). What time was your class? Ours was 8.45.

Does anyone know if yr 4 girls and boys are separated or together?

DD also attended this morning from 8.45, year 4 new girls class (no boys) although not ALL of the new year 4 girls were there. She also recognised girls from audition, which is lovely.  She came out with the biggest smile, absolutely loved it. 

Fairydust they must have been in the same class?

We just got a bit more information our of DD. She demonstrated a beautiful butterfly dance routine that they learnt. It looked amazing! I can't believe they learnt that in 1 hour!

12 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

Fairydust they must have been in the same class?

We just got a bit more information our of DD. She demonstrated a beautiful butterfly dance routine that they learnt. It looked amazing! I can't believe they learnt that in 1 hour!

Yes, DD was with her I’m sure. I think I may know who your DD is so look forward to next week. DD was so positive and happy after the class xx

3 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

That's lovely that they enjoyed it so much! (Did you spot the long haired bloke? 😂) She has her heart set on Elmhurst now so I don't think the RBS results matter any more!

😂😂😂 yes introduced DD after the class although there may be more than one long haired bloke ?? 😂😂😂

I think our two DDs were in the same audition and recognised each other x

Edited by Fairydust
Added more

On 11/06/2019 at 20:52, TinyNEDancer said:

Has anyone applied for Sunderland? If so have you received any information regarding timings etc? 

Hi again Tiny! We have but still haven’t received any information but with it being 9 days away I hope we find out soon!

@TinyNEDancer so sorry I didn't see this earlier, we were at Elmhurst this morning for a taster class and this afternoon at her Nan's birthday party! I guess it is too late now. We still haven't actually figured out much about the classes and we've been to 2 tasters! In her audition I think there was about 20 something but DD can't remember. She said it was all pretty basic stuff. I hope your DD enjoys her audition and good luck!

6 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

@TinyNEDancer so sorry I didn't see this earlier, we were at Elmhurst this morning for a taster class and this afternoon at her Nan's birthday party! I guess it is too late now. We still haven't actually figured out much about the classes and we've been to 2 tasters! In her audition I think there was about 20 something but DD can't remember. She said it was all pretty basic stuff. I hope your DD enjoys her audition and good luck!

Thank you! Don’t worry. DDs audition is next weekend. I feel so much more in the dark about this one than others! 

How was this morning? Did your DD enjoy it? 

Thank you again. I’ll let you know how it goes 😬🤞🏼

@TinyNEDancer oh ok I misunderstood and thought it was today! My DD preferred the Elmhurst audition. She said the judges were much more smiley! I think she has got muddled up now about what happened at which audition but it was all quite similar stuff I think. I'll tell you what I remember. She had to improvise with arms I remember. Lots of skipping and lots of stretches. They didn't have to take their socks off at Elmhurst. She has absolutely loved her two taster classes!

So if your DD gets in would her class be in Sunderland or Birmingham?

4 hours ago, TinyNEDancer said:

How did it go today @Cazsmith?i hope it went well 😊

My little girl really enjoyed it said she preferred it to the rbs audition. Their seemed to be a lot more to do in this audition stretching gallops leaps skips turns barre work basic positions. She said the teacher was lovely audition took just over an hr was 24 In Her group and their was another group after hers x

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spamcat said:

How long was you waiting before you got an email to say you dd got a place? Hope the taster went well today😊