Astrid

Elmhurst Young Dancers questions

1 minute ago, Lara Eschler said:

Thank you for your response. We were given the option to attend the 4 last classes of this term.

I think it may be different for year 4 having re-read the email. It definitely says they will allocate 2 of the last 4, 8.45-9.45am

40 minutes ago, Fairydust said:

@Astrid @Spamcat @Echo

Hello lovelies, have you received any other communication following confirmation of accepting the place? Xx

Hi Fairy dust! we haven’t heard anything, but we are at a wedding this weekend and so can’t go to the class this Saturday even if we were allocated it. I did mention I couldn’t do this week to them in my email though so hoping that’s ok! 

My email also says 2 out the four so planning on that. I guess we will hear after today? x

@Astrid my email has just come through confirming this Saturday and the following Saturday for DD 8.45 to 9.45

hopefully you will get two dates you can make 

so excited 😆 xx

On 05/06/2019 at 13:33, Fairydust said:

@Astrid my email has just come through confirming this Saturday and the following Saturday for DD 8.45 to 9.45

hopefully you will get two dates you can make 

so excited 😆 xx

We have got 8th and 15th too! My DH will he taking her this week but hopefully I'll be going on 15th. How exciting!!!

Hope they give us a bit more info on Saturday too. We have auditioned and accepted a place and we literally know nothing about it! 😂

9 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

Hope they give us a bit more info on Saturday too. We have auditioned and accepted a place and we literally know nothing about it! 😂

One of DDs friends goes and say it’s fantastic so we’re not worried although we know very little too 😂 

looking forward to meeting you all xx

• Like 1

I think read about a Jazz class too on a forum. I thought they would do more like a stretch class or conditioning specifically for ballet.

We heard about a jazz class and we are really hoping they can do this too as my DD would love it! Maybe it's an optional extra?

Maybe they are waiting to make sure all the DCs like the format and style of the class before sending or any extra info? maybe in previous years they have had some that have decided it isn’t for them early on and that’s why they are doing the June classes, so that little DCs on the wait list can get a chance earlier if they don’t? 🙂 seems like a good idea if that’s the case! x

22 hours ago, Spamcat said:

We heard about a jazz class and we are really hoping they can do this too as my DD would love it! Maybe it's an optional extra?

If it’s the same as last year there will be 1 hour 15 ballet and exercise and optional 1 hour jazz

My DD started the Y5 class last year; I think the main reason for the extra classes is to get them used to the format etc, especially for those starting in Y5 or Y6 as they will be joining a class of children who have been there for at least a year & are already very comfortable with how things work. The info about classes, uniform etc come out towards the end of the summer term if I remember correctly. And yes, there is an optional jazz class which most of them seem to do. They do work them hard but my daughter has loved her first year there 😊.

• Like 1

Thank you @Pinkpip100 that is really helpful.

My DD is very excited about her taster lesson tomorrow. She has a stinking cold and has been quite ill today and had to stay off school. I know she wouldn't miss it for the world though, so I hope she'll be ok tomorrow! Getting ready for the early start tomorrow to get there for 8.45, about 1hr 40 mins journey.

@Pinkpip100 do you know if we can park on site in the morning? At the audition we had to park at the cricket ground.

@Fairydust my DH is taking her tomorrow. Look out for the Dad with very long hair! Hopefully I'll see you next week.

@Spamcat DD is so excited too. What a fantastic opportunity for them. Looking forward to meeting you all, will look out for long haired man 😂😂😂 I have short dark a-symmetrical hair. My DH will be there with us for September classes.

So lovely to get such support from others too xx

• Like 1

Thanks Pinkpip!

Fairydust we must have been at the same audition so might recognise you. I wish I could come tomorrow but it's the school fete and I have to help (in the rain probably!)

Thank you very much  for the info.

My son is in class right now for Year 5 taster but brought by daddy. Trying to get info out of husband🤦‍♀️. He said there were only 4 or 5 children going in. Thought they would be joining the whole group?

Anyway, I am very excited can t wait to find out more .

My DD was in the free class this morning. She said her class was only the new kids. That there were somewhere between 12 and 16 and they were all girls. She made a new friend who she remembered from the audition. She said it was amazing and she loved it! ❤

Thank you spamcat! My son also said it was amazing. The new kids were only 6 for year 5 entry and 5 were there today. Just out of curiosity, any boys in your dd group? It is all so exciting :)

• Like 1

My DD is yr is 4 and so maybe they do the years separately. Also her good friend who has got in is a boy also yr 4 and we are really hoping they will be in the same class but he has been given the 22nd and 29th for free lessons so not looking good. (We have this week and 15th). What time was your class? Ours was 8.45.

Does anyone know if yr 4 girls and boys are separated or together?

DD also attended this morning from 8.45, year 4 new girls class (no boys) although not ALL of the new year 4 girls were there. She also recognised girls from audition, which is lovely.  She came out with the biggest smile, absolutely loved it. 

Fairydust they must have been in the same class?

We just got a bit more information our of DD. She demonstrated a beautiful butterfly dance routine that they learnt. It looked amazing! I can't believe they learnt that in 1 hour!