New School...

MrsMoo2

New dance school today for my DC. It seems to be the polar opposite of the one we have just left so hoping it’s the right one! 😆 It’s just opened so in its infancy but the teacher/s seem nice and it’s more local. Focus is on jazz, MT, acro and contemporary. Ballet thrown in along the way. No uniform, no ballet buns, just bare feet and stretchy pants! The fees are almost half of the old one and much smaller classes, More competition based which I’m not sure about, but hey, worth a try.

Hoping DS will regain his passion for dance after a nasty bullying episode at school and little support from his old school.

Wish us luck!!

xx

• Like 5

It went really well! I think over time DS had forgotten that in the midst of classes, auditions and workshops it’s supposed to be fun! 😁 

Yesterday’s classes weren’t classical ballet, they were jazz, contemporary, acro and musical theatre but as soon as the music was on he was dancing. The dancers were an eclectic mix from a 5 year old to a 17 year old. 

For now, it suits us. It’s given him his passion back and he’s even talking about CAT and other more contemporary styles.

In just under 3 hours we went on a journey from Lewis Capaldi to West Side Story, with the teachers 3 year old joining in at one point.

For anyone with a child who is thinking of a change of direction, I’d consider one of these as an alternative.

Thanks for listening...xx

• Like 3