Bournonville Dreams & KO'H Curates NYC's Joyce 2019 Ballet Festival

Just saw that a group of RDB dancers are to appear at New York's Joyce Theatre in another programme devoted to Bournonville .... 

https://www.joyce.org/performances/bournonville-legacy

Last time they went from London (having appeared at the Bloomsbury) to New York.

Just wondering this time if they might come from New York to London (somewhere ... the re-newed Alexandra Palace Theatre maybe??? - It had a history of dance ... and having just attended the venue launch I know it is STUNNING)    If they came the immediate week after the Big Apple they would be in the (London) week immediately previous to the Bolshoi ...  If I remember correctly the Bloomsbury (a straight rental I think) sold really quite well for the last programme.  Really wish Sadler's Wells could bring a programme like this.  

Wishful thinking most like ... 

This year's (2019) Ballet Festival at the Joyce Theatre in early August is co-ordinated by KO'H:

The Joyce’s annual Ballet Festival is curated by Director of The Royal Ballet, Kevin O’Hare, who has invited several artists associated with The Royal Ballet to construct programs based on the theme of collaboration. Program A, crafted by O’Hare, features works by Fredrick Ashton, Merce Cunningham, and Royal Ballet company choreographers. Program B is shaped by and features Royal Ballet principal Lauren Cuthbertson, who performs choreography by Canada’s Robert Binet and more. Frequent Royal Ballet designer Jean-Marc Puissant hand-picks works for Program C, and Royal Ballet principal Edward Watson performs in and selects dances for Program D.

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 1