Saturday ballet associate course wanted...

Minx’s mum

I am trying to find a ballet associates course for my DD and I am hoping the once a month class will help her improve ..... opinions on this please? Do they really help? 

She will never ever be a ballerina but she could do with some extra tuition and good experience too I think. 

But we only have a Saturday free to do this. Does anyone have recommendations please? We are south west England but willing to travel as it’s only once a month. 

Thank you

Clueless dance mum 

Ah, ok, too old for Royal Ballet School JAs then.  Do you know of any Associates within travelling distance? I’m just wondering where you got the “once a month” info from as many Associate schemes are weekly or fortnightly.

Central School of Ballet’s Preps and Pre-Seniors are held on Saturdays (weekly).  Cecchetti Associates are monthly but on Sundays, if I remember correctly, as are Tring Park School’s Classical Ballet Academy (six Sundays a term). 

London Studio Centre has Saturday Associates and these have Jazz and Contemporary classes as well as ballet.  Royal Ballet School’s Mid Associates has Saturday classes in Bath but obviously these are hugely competitive.  

The only other one I can think of is Ballet Cymru; not sure if they still run an Associate scheme but it might be worth researching.

Hi Minx's mum!

Try getting in touch with The London Ballet Company School, they might be able to accommodate you. My DD has been an associate with them for a couple of years and although the associates run once a month on Sundays, I know that the school has some classes on Saturdays. 

On 17/03/2019 at 16:56, Anna C said:

Ah, ok, too old for Royal Ballet School JAs then.  Do you know of any Associates within travelling distance? I’m just wondering where you got the “once a month” info from as many Associate schemes are weekly or fortnightly.

Central School of Ballet’s Preps and Pre-Seniors are held on Saturdays (weekly).  Cecchetti Associates are monthly but on Sundays, if I remember correctly, as are Tring Park School’s Classical Ballet Academy (six Sundays a term). 

London Studio Centre has Saturday Associates and these have Jazz and Contemporary classes as well as ballet.  Royal Ballet School’s Mid Associates has Saturday classes in Bath but obviously these are hugely competitive.  

The only other one I can think of is Ballet Cymru; not sure if they still run an Associate scheme but it might be worth researching.

She is in year 5 so could do RBS JA - what are the chances though as others say it’s not worth applying?

3 minutes ago, Minx’s mum said:

She is in year 5 so could do RBS JA - what are the chances though as others say it’s not worth applying?

You need to be quick... I think applications close this week! If you don’t try, you will never know. The RBS JA audition is a lovely experience in itself, so you could always treat it as a nice day out and see what happens. It certainly changed the panorama for my DD, now at vocational school, which we would never have imagined a couple of years ago.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SissonneDoublee said:

You need to be quick... I think applications close this week! If you don’t try, you will never know. The RBS JA audition is a lovely experience in itself, so you could always treat it as a nice day out and see what happens. It certainly changed the panorama for my DD, now at vocational school, which we would never have imagined a couple of years ago.

Thank you. I will look now. Do you know how much it is to apply? 

34 minutes ago, Minx’s mum said:

Ah, my mistake, I thought she was in Yr 6.  Always worth applying but as Sisonne says, applications close very soon!