Non syllabus privates for DS, recommendations??

MrsMoo2

Hi guys,

DS is looking for some private lessons in North West/North Wales. He’s 11 and is feeling a bit left out. He’s had RAD classes for 3 years but finds the syllabus “boring” and wants to learn some man moves!

We’ve asked his previous teacher but she can’t fit him into her schedule, which is another story! 😯

He's at the gangly age where his legs are too long for his brain and would really benefit from 1-1 time with a teacher. 

We are happy to travel, within reason and are looking at other ideas too like CAT schemes etc etc.

Hope you guys can help.

👍👍👍 He’s really missing his classes...xx

11 hours ago, Dancing unicorn said:

How awful for him! So is he not having any lessons at the moment sorry for asking! 

2 places that spring to mind that may be able to help are Centre Pointe (Manchester) and KS Dance (Warrington) 

Give them both a ring and hopefully they can point you in the right direction!

No, he was bullied for dancing when he started high school last September and he wanted nothing to do with dancing from Dec to last week. He received some photos of a dance photo shoot he’d done and couldn’t believe it was him. Now he’s back on the idea and super keen and I can’t get a teacher! 🙈

I’m so mad at the old teacher a) for being so rude when I asked her and b) for letting him down but maybe we are better off out of that one. I’ll keep searching! xx

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Danceforfun said:

Hi there, Centre Pointe Manchester offers Private lessons with Simon Gray I know he gets very booked up, but it may be a possibility? 

Thanks! He auditioned for JA’s there many moons ago, I’ll get in touch...xx

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tulip said:

The Hammond have associate classes full of boys, see if you can get him auditioning there. 

I tried that one and they’re full at the moment. I’ll keep in touch with the lady though...you never know!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PenguinBoysMum said:

Have you looked at any BBOdance schools? They also run a male ballet scholars scheme once a month at Centre Pointe, with a couple of intensives through the year held at Elmhurst. So if he was with a BBO teacher he could audition for that.

Ooh, thanks, not one I’d considered. 👍👍👍👍

I am a bbo teacher and in touch with quite a few other bbo teachers! Feel free to pm me 

Applications for the scholars scheme are live currently, and if it’s like last year once they fill all the slots they close applications and you get added to a wait list

Edited by Bluebird22

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Non syllabus privates for DS, recommendations??

Peter Parker is based in Newark . He has his own associates and easter/summer school there but I know he teaches (or used to)at ks dance Also i recall there being a male teacher at moorlands, might be worth a try?x

Edited by smallbythesea

42 minutes ago, Peanut68 said:

Interesting advice here.... & best wishes to original posters DS!

Can you tell me the Newark school where Peter Parker teaches please & how to contact - thanks  

www.shannonandpeter.co.uk 

Click on the Easter application form and all their contact details are on there.x

Edited by smallbythesea