In Conversation with Melissa Hamilton

She outlines her career progression in some detail! 

Some of this background may help explain why her success (including her Roberto Bolle tour) has been perhaps more linked to her roles when "on loan" from the RB, rather than at the  RB itself.

• Like 7

Following on, I thought I would add this link to show what sort of work she and  Bolle have been performing.

I would love to see more ballet/dance  choreographed to Radiohead music !  

Edited by Richard LH
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Richard LH said:

I would love to see more ballet/dance  choreographed to Radiohead music !  

me too - perhaps someone should commission Jonny Greenwood and/or Tom Yorke for a score (or just choreograph to a couple of their tracks from their back catalogue)

Thank you for posting this interesting interview. She comes across as having a very down to earth approach and, I imagine, in possession of a good sense of humour. I had hoped that her repertoire at the Royal would have been extended since her return, but at least she has been able to reprise her Macmillan roles. 

I particularly like her in the following pas de deux from Asphodel Meadows and was sorry she didn’t get to dance it again this season.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Vanartus said:

I think Berlin should poach her 😉

I agree Vanartus - or maybe NYCB? 

On 13/03/2019 at 16:09, Odyssey said:

Thank you for posting this interesting interview. She comes across as having a very down to earth approach and, I imagine, in possession of a good sense of humour. I had hoped that her repertoire at the Royal would have been extended since her return, but at least she has been able to reprise her Macmillan roles. 

I particularly like her in the following pas de deux from Asphodel Meadows and was sorry she didn’t get to dance it again this season.

Yes it’s a shame that she wasn’t cast in Asphodel and also a surprise as it is a ballet I think she is very suited to.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
4 hours ago, Sassenach said:

I find her to be undervalued at the RB. I was especially disappointed there was no public performance of Manon. I agree, she could be very easily poached but now being engaged etc I cannot see her leaving London or the RB.  

I totally agree - I think it was very disappointing that she wasn’t seen in a general performance of one of her greatest roles of ‘Manon’ - I believe she will debuting as Titania in Ashton’s ‘The Dream’ next month with BRB in an event at the Belfast Opera House (info from her Instagram page). 

• Like 2

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 07:57, Springbourne3 said:

I totally agree - I think it was very disappointing that she wasn’t seen in a general performance of one of her greatest roles of ‘Manon’ - I believe she will debuting as Titania in Ashton’s ‘The Dream’ next month with BRB in an event at the Belfast Opera House (info from her Instagram page). 

I think she is just doing the reconciliation pdd with Brandon Lawrence as part of a gala there.

• Like 1