Room 101

taxi4ballet

40 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

Whatever idiot decided to leave a metal peg/stake sticking about 6-8 inches out of the ground on a public footpath, after it was dug up for power cable installation at the end of last year. Yes, I did catch my foot in it & fall full length onto a muddy path.

Blummin' 'eck Dawnstar that's awful.  I hope you were OK.

Someone had left a water access hole (about 18 cm in diameter) open on a pavement up the road from me last week, with the lid a yard away.  I nearly put my foot down the hole and tripped over the lid.  Fortunately I didn't fall!

• Like 1

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no you two!!     Ive become completely neurotic about the prospect of falling over at the moment so am doing this rather exaggerated heal/toe walk ( emphasising the heal) so as to minimise tripping up definitely don’t need anything sticking out of the ground or holes to fall down right now!! 

2 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

Blummin' 'eck Dawnstar that's awful.  I hope you were OK.

Someone had left a water access hole (about 18 cm in diameter) open on a pavement up the road from me last week, with the lid a yard away.  I nearly put my foot down the hole and tripped over the lid.  Fortunately I didn't fall!

I've got away with various bumps & bruises fortuately but if someone elderly tripped over it, or someone out running because that path's often used by runners, then they could be more seriously injured. The power cables were installed for new housing estate that's being built so I went & spoke to one of the builders to see if something could be done (I tried myself but couldn't pull it out of the ground) but as it's about a hundred yards up the road & not actually on the building site he didn't seem very interested & just trotted out the standard "I'll speak to the manager" line.

That is terrifying! And surely contravenes every health & safety regulation in the book!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

After reading RobR's experience with inappropriately targeted advertising on Instagram, I am putting cookies in general in Room 101.  No matter how many times I log on to various favourite websites there seems to be an interminable list of cookies to accept or reject.  Try to ignore it and the website is unavailable.   Take the easy way out and click "accept all" and you'll forever drown in unwanted advertisements. Or scroll miserably through the interminable list to make sure all the unwanted items are off.  Life is too short ...  Thank goodness there is now an occasional "Reject all" option.  

• Like 8

I would like to put the woman in the car park this morning into Room 101. She tried to pretend that we had scratched her car while parking. She said we had banged into her car - not true - and scratched it, also not true. She then stood fulminating for ten minutes and trying to browbeat my husband. If it had been true we would have admitted it but it was obviously an attempt to get money for nothing. 

I told her I thought that she was putting it on and instead of calling me a liar or denying it, she said “Do I look as if I am?” which I thought a curious thing to say. 

1 hour ago, Fiz said:

I told her I thought that she was putting it on and instead of calling me a liar or denying it, she said “Do I look as if I am?” which I thought a curious thing to say. 

hope you said "yes, you do!" 😉

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sky TV's 'customer service' AI / bot definitely has to go into Room 101.

Spent most of yesterday afternoon battling with it (and failing) before eventually getting through to a text/SMS 'agent' I assume was a real person, who sorted me out (I think - future bills will decide). Their customer service used to be pretty good - now, a total ship wreck

• Like 1

Too many "trespassers" on the line today.  I go for a day out, and my train back gets cancelled because of them.  Finally get back into London, and my train out again is cancelled for the same reason :( 

Just wondering what people think of this. 
When advertising tickets for sale on the Forum should it be said if the ticket is restricted view? 
There’s been one advertised this week which is very annoying to sit in because although view from seat is only partially restricted so many people along the line ahead have to lean forward to see so in the end makes it much more restricted than it may appear. 
The seat is still over £100 so a bit of a cheek really for ROH to charge that anyway but  people may assume it’s a normal view if nothing is said when advertising it. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Just wondering what people think of this. 
When advertising tickets for sale on the Forum should it be said if the ticket is restricted view? 
There’s been one advertised this week which is very annoying to sit in because although view from seat is only partially restricted so many people along the line ahead have to lean forward to see so in the end makes it much more restricted than it may appear. 
The seat is still over £100 so a bit of a cheek really for ROH to charge that anyway but  people may assume it’s a normal view if nothing is said when advertising it. 

I think if the ROH describes a ticket as restricted view it should be advertised here as such.

• Like 4

Shops where you only option to not use self-checkout tills is to abandon your shopping.

Boots - hang your head in shame!

Needless to say I abandoned the items I wanted and got them elsewhere.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

Shops where you only option to not use self-checkout tills is to abandon your shopping.

Boots - hang your head in shame!

Needless to say I abandoned the items I wanted and got them elsewhere.

I sympathise wholeheartedly.  Twice recently I have had the ultimate humiliation of waiting for an assistant to come and "verify my bags" after placing them - as instructed by the disembodied voice - in the bagging area.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried to tweak my pension online, almost bang on midnight:

"This service is normally available from 1:30 AM UK time. We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Huh?!  It's a UK company.  The logic of having it available from 1.30 AM, but not at midnight, totally escapes me.  Or does it think its customers are REAL night owls?

• Like 1