London Underground game

alison

Well I got the taxi - a bit of snooping on twitter gave me the clue.  Funnily enough I had typed the first word in and it was accepting that, but I didn't know that was a station - I've been using lists of the stations on wiki so maybe they're not up to date.  I only have two left, that funny thing on the pub sill and the trees under the bridge.  It's quite weird but I look at some of the ones I've answered and can't remember what the answer is!  The snail is a groan worthy one too!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh you are doing well. I too cannot remember some. Have got the trees under the bridge but I just cannot work out what that thing is on the sill.

Regattah as soon as you work out what is in the beer mug you'll get it. I won't say here in case others do not want to know. I'm on 76 I think.

Julie I have sent you a pm - I have not told you outright, just given a couple of hints - letting you know in case you don't want to open the message.  I'm happy to give hints to everyone who wants them - I got a lot of hints from twitter and I had lists of the underground and DLR which I looked at so must admit it wasn't all my own work.   Can't make up my mind if I'm glad I finished it - it got my brain going for a while. 

Off topic I've signed up for an on-line course which if enough people join I will be starting in February - it's one of the new non-accreditation ones - can't wait.  Need to stretch those brain muscles ... and bend and stretch! :)

• Like 2

It's on medieval architecture and archaeology with Exeter University.  I want to be able to look at an old building and know which period in history it comes from and when this bit or that bit was added - the archaeology is an added bonus for me - extremely limited knowledge but was and still am a Time Team addict

• Like 1

We're getting there - somewhere above 80 now - but can someone tell me, is the lobster another red herring, or is it just a clue from someone with a particularly warped sense of crypticness?  (I must admit, I'm finding the multiple contributors rather trying because it's clear that these clues have come from so many different brains that it's difficult to adjust to all the different ways of thinking).

Oh, and I found a poster at Covent Garden tube on Saturday night, but unfortunately it's right down the far end of the westbound platform: I'd barely got there before the train came in and covered it.  Now I think of it, what I should have done was to get on in the first carriage so I could have a really close look at it!

Okay, I haven't quite got it, but I'm close enough to see just how horrid it is.  Makes me want to clap my hands over my ears and run screaming from the room!  I thought I'd exhausted that line of investigation, but obviously not.