20 sept Opening gala

23 sept - 15 oct: Hiroshi Sugimoto/Alessio Silvestrin : At the Hawk's Well; Forsythe Blake Works

26oct - 17 nov: New Crystal Pite (60 segments in 60 minutes)

3-31 Dec: Raymonda

9-31 Dec: Le Parc (Preljocaj)

31 Jan - 15 feb: Giselle

3 - 22 feb: Concerto Barocco, 4 Temperaments. Serenade

25-30 March: POB School Coppelia (Lacotte)

14 april - 8 May: New Alan Lucien Oyen

12-30 May  Mayerling

4-7 JUne Nederlands Dans Theater

26 June - 14 July Play (Ekman)

• Like 5

4 hours ago, toursenlair said:

20 sept Opening gala

23 sept - 15 oct: Hiroshi Sugimoto/Alessio Silvestrin : At the Hawk's Well; Forsythe Blake Works

26oct - 17 nov: New Crystal Pite (60 segments in 60 minutes)

3-31 Dec: Raymonda

9-31 Dec: Le Parc (Preljocaj)

31 Jan - 15 feb: Giselle

3 - 22 feb: Concerto Barocco, 4 Temperaments. Serenade

25-30 March: POB School Coppelia (Lacotte)

14 april - 8 May: New Alan Lucien Oyen

12-30 May  Mayerling

4-7 JUne Nederlands Dans Theater

26 June - 14 July Play (Ekman)

correction: the Balanchine program runs from 3 Feb to 1 April.

• Like 1

Surprising that they are doing Raymonda again given that after the last run in 2008/9 the sets and costumes were discarded being way beyond their use by date. There is some speculation that they may use those of the Vienna company which has the same production.

I would like to see Raymonda and the Balanchine at the Bastille if I can get a ticket.  Plenty of matinees on the Balanchine run too which is great for a day trip.

Was going to pass on Mayerling but the thought of Alu as Rudolph might change my mind but again without advance casting it's hard to book anything for specific dancers as tickets so fast as well plus if it's the Garnier I will think twice anyway as it's so uncomfortable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Q Fan said:

... plus if it's the Garnier I will think twice anyway as it's so uncomfortable.

As I’ve never been there - can anyone advise how the Garnier amphitheatre compares to the upper slips at Covent Garden or the Balcony at the Coliseum?

I know the subject has been touched on in other threads but as it has arisen here...

Edited by Lizbie1
Dangling participle fixed!

5 minutes ago, alison said:

There's some information about that in the following threads, Lizbie:

Thanks - I’ve been through those but wanted to understand how uncomfortable it is relative to renowned uncomfortable seats which I know I can tolerate fairly happily. It’s scale I’m after I suppose!

The amphitheatre seats in the Garnier can be a very tight squeeze ... and if you find yourself in the back end (as is my wont) or in the amphitheatre stalls on the sides be prepared to squeeze (should it be a popular programme) into the flesh of others on those benches.  If creature comfort are a considerable priority it might be best to find a perch elsewhere methinks - or go to programmes at the more accommodating Bastille.  

Hope that is of some help.  

• Like 1

The Paris Opera Ballet School Demonstrations (usually on three days in different December weekends) will this year be on 15th December (Sunday) and 21st and 22nd December (the Saturday and Sunday before Christmas). As usual, the performances on all three days will be the same - Usually, the younger grades are in the morning and the older grades are in the afternoon. The Demonstrations are always amazing and give an incredible insight into the School's system of training...

On 13/03/2019 at 18:27, Lizbie1 said:

Thanks - I’ve been through those but wanted to understand how uncomfortable it is relative to renowned uncomfortable seats which I know I can tolerate fairly happily. It’s scale I’m after I suppose!

I found the amphitheatre at Garnier hellish. Seats are hard benches with your knees in the neck of person in front. Did it once never ever again. 

• Like 1