Northern Ballet (Leeds) - associates auditions

Tinks

2 hours ago, SJBallet said:

Hello

Well done to all those that got a recall. 

I hope you don’t mind me asking but those of you whose children are 8, will they be 9 by the 1st September. I understood that the program was age 9 and up and as my daughter turns 9 on second of Sept, so currently in year 3, it wasn’t on my radar this year. 

Now I’m worried we’ve missed an opportunity!

My daughter is year 4 too, she’s already 9 though. I’m pretty sure everyone I spoke to had children in year 4 so I don’t think you’ve missed an opportunity. Xxx

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Northern Ballet (Leeds) - associates auditions
  • 2 weeks later...

You must have been 9am with my daughter? She came out happy and seemed confident she managed it all, there seemed an awful lot of children? A lot more than her original audition, is that first and second year junior associates together do you think?! I wonder how many they take, going to be a long few days 😬

15 minutes ago, Tinks said:

You must have been 9am with my daughter? She came out happy and seemed confident she managed it all, there seemed an awful lot of children? A lot more than her original audition, is that first and second year junior associates together do you think?! I wonder how many they take, going to be a long few days 😬

It was so busy! The numbers went up to around 45-50! We had a few tears when we got home, she felt like it all went wrong.

Oh no 😟my daughter said everyone was really good so she can’t have gone that wrong, I just have no idea what they are looking for or how many, I was surprised that there was so many! Fingers crossed for us both 

• Like 1

Oops! Not sure what I did there!

She’s ok about it now. It’s been a fantastic learning experience for her and she has enjoyed both auditions - which will make the ‘no’ quite upsetting as she’s got her heart set on Northern, but she’s already saying ‘next year i’ll be more prepared ...’

My fingers are all still crossed for her though! 

What a great way to look at it, and they are only young so to get this far is fabulous! My eldest had her recall today and her CAT one in April and I think she will take a no harder than my youngest 😬

On 24/03/2019 at 18:22, Sparkly said:

@Tinks @HowMuch!

Good luck to your little dancers. My DD was in the 9.30 audition, she loved it and said she thought it had gone well - although that’s not an indication of anything! 

Let the constant email checking commence. Hope all our DCs get in x

Does anyone have any idea when we’ll hear back? The letter said by 15th April which is painfully long wait! The recall emails were quicker than they said so i’m wondering/hoping it’ll be the same this time. 

It does seem a long wait! My oldest daughter has a CAT recall and thats April 13th , which seems so far away as she also auditioned on Sunday for Associates, it’s going to be a long three weeks 😬

19 minutes ago, Tinks said:

It does seem a long wait! My oldest daughter has a CAT recall and thats April 13th , which seems so far away as she also auditioned on Sunday for Associates, it’s going to be a long three weeks 😬

Academy holidays start at the end of this week so that may be why - the staff are probably taking some much needed leave! 

30 minutes ago, HowMuch! said:

Does anyone have any idea when we’ll hear back? The letter said by 15th April which is painfully long wait! The recall emails were quicker than they said so i’m wondering/hoping it’ll be the same this time. 

Hi my daughter completed her recall audition on the 25th last year and had an offer of a place on the 27th.  It came in the afternoon, so today could be the day!

Good luck to all those awaiting results.

1 hour ago, MrsDanceMammy said:

Hi my daughter completed her recall audition on the 25th last year and had an offer of a place on the 27th.  It came in the afternoon, so today could be the day!

Good luck to all those awaiting results.

Oo, I hope so. I’m feeling far too nervous about it!😳

My DD was in the 9am group... it was huge wasn’t it? I was told by someone from last year that they had their results in two days too so I’ve been antsy, despite their 15th April date!

but having now seen that the CAT recall isn’t til 13th April, I guess they’ll maybe hold off the JA outcomes until they’ve done that.... though they could send out for those not old enough for CAT (hopefully!) 

1 minute ago, PutYourBooteesOn said:

My DD was in the 9am group... it was huge wasn’t it? I was told by someone from last year that they had their results in two days too so I’ve been antsy, despite their 15th April date!

but having now seen that the CAT recall isn’t til 13th April, I guess they’ll maybe hold off the JA outcomes until they’ve done that.... though they could send out for those not old enough for CAT (hopefully!) 

I think some of the CAT results have started to come out. I know of at least one offer. So hopefully you won’t have to wait too much longer. 

I don’t know how it works! But I’m constantly on refresh 😊, my daughters CAT recall is 13th April but she will find out by 15th! So doesn’t have long to wait for that one, but would love to know about associates as she auditioned for those too. 

Was it a younger one who has had a yes for the CAT already? Well done to them! X

19 minutes ago, Tinks said:

I don’t know how it works! But I’m constantly on refresh 😊, my daughters CAT recall is 13th April but she will find out by 15th! So doesn’t have long to wait for that one, but would love to know about associates as she auditioned for those too. 

Was it a younger one who has had a yes for the CAT already? Well done to them! X

It was for CAT level 1 and I’ve heard about two boys who have been offered places. Nothing from any girls as yet.