Jump to content
now voyager

Bolshoi Casting Posted for Summer Season at the ROH

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, James said:

According to the website, Vasiliev is replaced by Denis Rodkin on 1st August, not by Mikhail Lobukhin.

 

 

As per the Trocs, "There will be changes..."

 

(though I doubt if Vasiliev's absence will be explained by him going on "an errand of mercy to replace an ailing dancer of Les Grands Ballet Imperial de....  Milton Keynes")

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked and found that my booked DQ opening night is now Shrainer/Tsvirko... I will return the ticket probably.

I also booked for Krysanova. Originally I believe it is with Lantratov but now replaced.

 

Not very happy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've now got Rodkin in Spartacus twice. Grrrh! [Like Rodkin, of course, but I don't need an encore from him.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a shame we didn't record the original casting for all the performances.  I'm now totally lost as to who I booked for in what - and whether or not it's still the same.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alison said:

What a shame we didn't record the original casting for all the performances.  I'm now totally lost as to who I booked for in what - and whether or not it's still the same.

 

Alison, I think this may be the original casting (E & O E)

 

Spartacus:-

29 July: Rodkin/ Sevenard/ Lantratov/ Zakharova

30 July: Tsvirko/ Nikulina/ Ovcharenko/ Smirnova

31 July: Lobukhin/ Vinogradova/ Belyakov/ Stepanova

1 August: Vasiliev/ Denisova/ Skvortsov/ Shipulina

9 August: Rodkin/ Sevenard/ Belyakov/ Zakharova

10 August, mat: Tsvirko/ Nikulina/ Skvortsov/ Krysanova

10 August, eve: Vasiliev/ Denisova/ Lantratov/ Smirnova

Swan Lake:-

2 August: Smirnova/ Chudin

3 August, mat: Kovalyova/Tissi

3 August, eve: Zakharova/ Belyakov

5 August: Stepanova/ Ovcharenko

6 August: Nikulina/ Chudin

12 August: Stepanova/ Ovcharenko

13 August: Marchenkova/ Belyakov

14 August: Kovalyova/ Tissi

The Bright Stream:-

7 August: Zhhiganshina/ Vasiliev/ Skvortsov/ Krysanova

8 August: Nikulina/ Lobukhin/ Lantratov/ Shipulina

Don Quixote:-

15 August: Shrainer/ Vasiliev

16 August: Krysanova/ Lantratov

17 August, mat: Sevenard/ Tsvirko

17 August, eve: Stepanova/ Rodkin

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HelenLoveAppleJuice said:

Just checked and found that my booked DQ opening night is now Shrainer/Tsvirko... I will return the ticket probably.

I also booked for Krysanova. Originally I believe it is with Lantratov but now replaced.

 

Not very happy...

Do you know if they will accept returns? I suspect some of my tickets might be going back if they will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, daisydance said:

Do you know if they will accept returns? I suspect some of my tickets might be going back if they will. 

 

The ROH has a re-sale policy.  There is a £4 levy per ticket returned for re-sale.  There is no guarantee of re-sale - especially if there are equivalent places at a similar price.  I would try here first and if you can't sell your ticket then return it to the house for re-sale.  The Bolshoi in the past have sold out so you might well be lucky.  Fingers crossed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bruce Wall said:

 

The ROH has a re-sale policy.  There is a £4 levy per ticket returned for re-sale.  There is no guarantee of re-sale - especially if there are equivalent places at a similar price.  I would try here first and if you can't sell your ticket then return it to the house for re-sale.  The Bolshoi in the past have sold out so you might well be lucky.  Fingers crossed. 

Thanks Bruce. I'll double check when I can't do anymore & then list some on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or exchange - but only for something else in the Bolshoi season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/06/2019 at 20:48, Nogoat said:

 

As per the Trocs, "There will be changes..."

 

(though I doubt if Vasiliev's absence will be explained by him going on "an errand of mercy to replace an ailing dancer of Les Grands Ballet Imperial de....  Milton Keynes")

 

Oh I do so miss The Trocks over here!!  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Fuller casting is now on the Bolshoi website for Swan Lake and Don Q

 

https://www.bolshoi.ru/about/press/articles/tours/London-tour-2019/ (click on 'in English' in the top right hand corner and you will get the translation)

 

Edited to add that the browser I usually use on my computer is set to automatically translate from Russian to English.  I just tried the link above on another browser and it doesn't work.  The casting I've pasted below does, however, definitely come from that page.  

 

Some of the translations from Russian are a bit strange so I've attempted to make sense of them below.  I hope I've got them right.  Perhaps a Russian speaker could check? 

 

I'm delighted to see that Anna Tikhomirova appears to be coming.  Sadly she's only listed once, as the Street Dancer in Don Q (August 15)

 

"Swan Lake" 

August 2, 19:30
 
Odette-Odile - Olga Smirnova 
Prince Siegfried - Semen Chudin 
Evil Genius - Michael Lobukhin 
Prince’s Friends - Elizabeth Kruteleva Antonina Chapkina 
Jester - George Gusev, 

August 3 at 14:00 
Odetta- Odile - Alena Kovaleva 
Prince Siegfried - Jacopo Tissi 
Evil genius - Yegor Gerashchenko 
Prince's Friends- Daria Bochkova, Anastasia Denisova 
Jester - Alexei Putintsev 

August 3, 7:30 pm 
Odette-Odile - Svetlana Zakharova 
Prince Siegfried - Artemy Belyakov

Evil Genius MikhailKryuchkov

Prince’s Friends - Daria Khokhlova, Ana Turazashvili 
Jester - George Gusev, 

August 5 at 19:30 
Odette-Odile - Yulia Stepanova 
Prince Siegfried - Artyom Ovcharenko 
Evil Genius - Michael Lobukhin 
Prince’s Friends - Daria Bochkova Anastasia Denisova 
Jester - George Gusev, 

August 6, 19 30 
Odette-Odile - Anna Nikulina 
Prince Siegfried - Semen Chudin 
Evil genius - David Mott Soares 
Prince’s Friends - Elizabeth Kruteleva Antonina Chapkina 
Jester - Alex Putintsev 

August 12 at 19:30 
Odette-Odile - Yulia Stepanova 
Prince Siegfried - Artyom Ovcharenko 
Evil genius - David Mott Soares 
Prince’s Friends - Daria Bochkova Anastasia Denisova 
Jester - George Gusev, 

August 13 at 19:30 
Odette-Odile - Ekaterina Krysanova 
Prince Siegfried - Artem Belyakov 
Evil Genius - Mikhail Kryuchkov 
Prince’s Friends - Daria Khokhlova, Ana Turazashvili 
Jester - George Gusev 

August 14, 19 : 30 
Odette-Odile - Alena Kovaleva 
Prince Siegfried - Jacopo Tissi 
Evil genius - Yegor Gerashchenko 
Prince's Friends - Daria Bochkova, Anastasia Denisova 
Jester- Alexei Putintsev 

 

Don Quixote

 August 15, beginning at 19:30 

Kitri - Margarita Shrayner 

Basil - Igor Tsvirko 

Street dancer - Anna Tikhomirova 

Toreador - Ruslan Skvortsov 

Queen of Dryads - Antonina Chapkina

 

August 16, beginning at 19:30 

Kitri - Ekaterina Krysanova 

Basil - David Motta Soares 

Street dancer - Maria Vinogradova 
Toreador - Vitaly Biktimirov 
Queen of Dryads - Olga Marchenkova 

August 17, beginning at 14:00 
Kitri - Eleonora Sevenard 
Basil - Artemy Belyakov 
Street dancer - Ana Turazashvili 
Toreador - Ivan Alekseev 
Queen of Dryads - Alexandra Trikoz 

August 17, beginning at 19:30 
Kitri - Yuliya Stepanova 
Basil - Denis Rodkin 
Street dancer - Angelina Vlashenets 
Toreador - Ruslan Skvortsov
Queen of Dryads - Alena Kovaleva 

 

edit: the last three dates mysteriously disappeared when I tried to edit a typo.  They're back now!

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update - I hope that Anna Tikhomirova will appear in one of the DonQs on 16 & 17m as I really hoped to see her.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many of these casts are either very inspired or very odd. I guess time will tell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/07/2019 at 18:44, Bluebird said:

Fuller casting is now on the Bolshoi website for Swan Lake and Don Q

 

https://www.bolshoi.ru/about/press/articles/tours/London-tour-2019/ (click on 'in English' in the top right hand corner and you will get the translation)

 

Edited to add that the browser I usually use on my computer is set to automatically translate from Russian to English.  I just tried the link above on another browser and it doesn't work.  The casting I've pasted below does, however, definitely come from that page.  

 

Some of the translations from Russian are a bit strange so I've attempted to make sense of them below.  I hope I've got them right.  Perhaps a Russian speaker could check? 

 

I'm delighted to see that Anna Tikhomirova appears to be coming.  Sadly she's only listed once, as the Street Dancer in Don Q (August 15)

August 15 has Vasiliev listed originally and now replaced by Tsvirko.  Margarita Shrayner and Tsvirko pair seems not lived up to the opening night expectation level so they brought Anna 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another change, the role of Spartacus' wife is now danced by Vinogradova on 30th July, and Nikulina on the 31st, they've swapped.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Not really sure to post this without starting another thread, but there's an interview with Lilian Hochhauser in today's Sunday Times where it says there'll be no Mariinsky residency next year:

 

'This year’s Bolshoi visit starts with Spartacus on July 29. Will it be the last? There can’t be one next year because of work on the stage. “The Mariinsky have already been in touch with me for the following year. But since I shall be — how old will I be? Ninety-four! But they’re still fine, and the Opera House is still happy with the arrangement.”'

 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/magazine/culture/lilian-hochhauser-to-think-i-knew-shostakovich-fcj8mvf98

Edited by Lizbie1
Typo, link
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...