Advice on what to do with my dance life please :)

38 minutes ago, Anna C said:

Yes, SFE tuition fee loans for undergrad degrees are for the duration of the course plus 1 year (a “gift year”).  So if you decided to go back to uni having only done a year previously, you’d get a loan for the duration of your new degree (but not the gift year).  I think that’s how it works.  

Advanced Learner Loans seem to be for FE courses so shouldn’t affect your eligibility for an undergraduate degree or Level 6 Diploma. 

I’m inclined to agree with Pictures about not spending another 3 years at a private college.  I’m sure there are funded colleges who offer the DDE teaching qualification.  

I just called SFE (wasn't that bad after all) and I would be able to get funding for another 3 year course which gives me hope! But also fills me with panic as I haven't even considered applying for anywhere until now! I think going somewhere funded is the better option and gaining a degree I feel would be more beneficial in the long run?

• Like 3

Might I suggest that you go to the Move It exhibition at the ExCel in London in a few weeks' time, it is on from Fri 8 Mar - Sun 10 Mar and there will be loads of college courses and funding you can find out about there. There will also be heaps of classes and workshops to take.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, taxi4ballet said:

Might I suggest that you go to the Move It exhibition at the ExCel in London in a few weeks' time, it is on from Fri 8 Mar - Sun 10 Mar and there will be loads of college courses and funding you can find out about there. There will also be heaps of classes and workshops to take.

I'm actually away that weekend but I've been loads of times before, so may be just a case of traipsing through everything I've picked up from there over the years!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Mumofballetmaddaughter said:

Not wanting to sound negative but as you've had problems with shin splints previously, bear in mind that as the majority of shows on board a cruise ship are when the ship is sailing, this can put a lot more stress on the body than the equivalent peformances on land. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Especially given the crazy hours per week the dancers have to work.  😳

• Like 1