Paris Opera Ballet summer intensive 2019

JParry

I think this should be in the Doing Dance thread!!

Just seen its your first post! 

If you see the Doing Dance thread further down  that's usually where discussions about children doing ballet / dance etc take place. 

Edited by LinMM
  • Like 1

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Paris Opera Ballet summer intensive 2019

My dd went last summer.  Typically they had two classes in the morning starting at abt 9, followed by a lunch break, and then 2 classes in the afternoon.  Approx 1-1.5 hours per class. These included ballet pointe repertoire contemporary jazz pilates and yoga.  This was for age 15.  It was very well organised and a lovely experience.

Edited by Pas de bourrée
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, my DD is in the waiting list for the paris opera ballet summer intensive. She's 14. Today I received another email saying that she's still in the waiting list and if someone drops they'll contact me immediately. Has someone had this experience? I don't want her to be disappointed again if they don't. Thanks 

On 03/04/2019 at 08:33, Knh said:

We received the same email on the same day as you for my DD (13). I haven’t told my DD as there is no change in status...

Then I think they sent it to all who are in the waiting list 😢

41 minutes ago, Dancer123 said:

Anyone else apply for the actual school? Just had an email saying my DD has been accepted for an audition. What a lovely day out that will be!!!!

Incredible news!! Well done to your DD xxx

We also applied and received an invitation to attend the audition ( for 12y old ) . My understanding is that we can expect more info next week.

We are wandering if there will be more instructions re uniforms ?  This is our first application and we would kindly ask for some tips. How this school differ from English or Russian dancing and teaching style.

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 15:21, Didi dancer said:

We also applied and received an invitation to attend the audition ( for 12y old ) . My understanding is that we can expect more info next week.

We are wandering if there will be more instructions re uniforms ?  This is our first application and we would kindly ask for some tips. How this school differ from English or Russian dancing and teaching style.

My DD has done the summer school twice and also did the school auditions at the age of 12 as well. She raised up to the final round but did not make it.

She is now to continue her education in CNSMDP in Paris. She is accepted to the school, prep class.

She is coming from the Russian style and tells me that the major difference is the use of arms and feet speed. French is more fluent compared to Russian style, where as the Russian style is more precise on technique.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone else encountered problems with their GP (UK) filling in the prescription form for the course? I can’t blame the doctors’ surgery for their resistance really. They’re far too busy as it is. Is this form really necessary? I am thinking of just sending my DC with a couple of paracetamol and antihistamines in the luggage just in case of minor ailments. Anything more serious I would prefer a phone call and specific permission anyway. 

• 1 month later...

So exciting that the timetable has arrived!  My DD is unbelievably excited and counting down the days until it starts. She’s a young (9yo) Junior starting on the 8th.

Is there anyone else out there who will be attending the same level/week?  

We are a little unsure as to the structure of the classes (other than Classique). If anyone who has been a junior can shed some light on these, it would be greatly appreciated 😁