New limit to size of uploaded images??

2 hours ago, Richard LH said:

Thanks Jan.

What is the overall limit? Is it time-related, or  once reached does it mean you can never post another image?

I've never been able to work it out!  I know the Admins increased the limit because of the problems I was having with PRs.

The size limit of individual uploads is 150k so I don't quite understand your problem unless you have hit your head on the ceiling. There is an overall limit per member of 1.5Mb - I've just increased it so it might be worth trying again. The way round the restrictions is to upload images to a file sharing site and link to them from there. That's how, for instance, DanceTabs' photos are put on the site without overloading the system, in that case via Flickr.

Hope that helps.

Unfortunately the free image hosting sites are rapidly disappearing, which means people will need to pay up. I don’t know what the constraints are with the system here but it might be worth allowing useful members a larger allowance on a case by case basis.

15 hours ago, John Mallinson said:

The size limit of individual uploads is 150k so I don't quite understand your problem unless you have hit your head on the ceiling. There is an overall limit per member of 1.5Mb - I've just increased it so it might be worth trying again. The way round the restrictions is to upload images to a file sharing site and link to them from there. That's how, for instance, DanceTabs' photos are put on the site without overloading the system, in that case via Flickr.

Hope that helps.

Yes, thanks John.

• 9 months later...
8 hours ago, maryrosesatonapin said:

I have posted a few photos, sticking to the 150k limit each time, but when I tried just now I was told I have a maximum allowance of 10Kb. That means I can't share any photos whatsoever.  Is this some kind of site problem?

No - the site limit is 1.5Mb. That 10k probably refers to how much of your site allowance you have left (see John's reply to Richard LH above)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, maryrosesatonapin said:

I have posted a few photos, sticking to the 150k limit each time, but when I tried just now I was told I have a maximum allowance of 10Kb. That means I can't share any photos whatsoever.  Is this some kind of site problem?

Further to this, I have increased the limit to 2Mb. However, the rate at which you have been posting jpg photos onto the site, this won't last long, so please consider an alternative way of sharing your pics

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...