Central Finals Weekend

fergie69

• 2 weeks later...

from what I remember last year there were a lot in one audition I would say over 30 so it is important to get noticed dd was in corner of the barre the class is very fast paced they do not take the time to go over the exercises this is obviously to see how well the student can pick up new choreography after the ballet audition there is a contemporary section last year they got in a lady from Mathew bournes company and they learnt a piece of rep from that Once again dd found hard to pick up hope this was helpful and good luck to your dc 

• Like 1

I think there were 2 groups for Finals plus separate one for boys so a lot of dancers to see. You were placed in the studio in number order but the panel would have had a clear view of all. My dd was at Adv 1 level and said it was fine. No more difficult than prelims. Current Year 1 group has 27 girls, 7 boys and quite a few were offered places from waiting list. They are a mix of vocational and non vocational, all shapes and sizes. I don't think Central has a particular 'look' or style.  They value all their dancers and take those that have the potential to become professionals. Good luck to your dc. I hope they enjoy the day. They've done exceptionally well to get this far.

• Like 1