Discrepancies between posts and Index pages

Over the last week or so I have noticed that the Forum home page which displays the most recent post isn't aligned with the posts as they appear under each topic heading. In some cases a post is listed on the index page but doesn't appear in the relevant section for some time (usually minutes but occasionally hours), but sometimes the reverse happens and there are posts in a topic which don't appear on either the home page or the forum's page. I use more than one device and both Chrome and Explorer and this problem occurs in both devices and with the two systems. Has anyone else encountered this? Occasionally it happens that the index pages and the contributions are in sync but it's unpredictable and most times there are discrepancies. I find it makes the index pages unreliable and the site difficult to consult. 

Following up my earlier comment, an example I've just encountered came when I looked at the Home Page, under Performances Seen I looked at the Index and under the Asphodel Meadows/Two Pigeons topic there was nothing new listed (the most recent contribution was from four days ago). About ten minutes later a new contribution appeared so I checked it out and found 18 entries made to the topic over the last six hours. Is it the Forum software or my equipment?

Douglas:  I've had different layout issues in the past that have come and eventually cleared without my doing anything different, and my posting about it here has revealed nobody seeing anything similar.  So, on your problem, I've just seen a post in the sidebar timed at 7 minutes ago and that checked OK on entering the thread concerned.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/02/2019 at 08:48, Ian Macmillan said:

Douglas:  I've had different layout issues in the past that have come and eventually cleared without my doing anything different, and my posting about it here has revealed nobody seeing anything similar.  So, on your problem, I've just seen a post in the sidebar timed at 7 minutes ago and that checked OK on entering the thread concerned.  

Ian,

Thanks for replying. The situation has resolved itself (i.e. I haven't done anything!) on the computer where I use Chrome but is still only partially improved (meaning it still happens but not every time I'm on the site) on the other computer using IE. I guess I'll live in hope that it gets totally resolved here as well. I first noticed the improvement on the 10th.