Good luck/Audition Results 2019

KeepDancing!!

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi auditioningenu, sometimes children who didn’t actually tick the box for white lodge but are auditioning for Mas are invited to final audition anyway if they are identified as having the potential to become a full time student. Hope that makes sense? 

1 hour ago, Aklf said:

Hi auditioningenu, sometimes children who didn’t actually tick the box for white lodge but are auditioning for Mas are invited to final audition anyway if they are identified as having the potential to become a full time student. Hope that makes sense? 

Thank you very much. That makes perfect sense. As a new member of the forum I want to wish anyone's DD auditioning for the Year 7 WL finals tomorrow the very best of luck.

32 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

Hello Auditioningenu and welcome to the Forum!

32 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

Hello Auditioningenu and welcome to the Forum!

Thank you Jan. I look forward to being part of the forum. I have a young DD off to WL tomorrow. A dream come true for her to even set foot in the school so as long as she enjoys it that's as much as I can hope for. Hoping all the other finalists enjoy it too.

• Like 7

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 11:19, junedancer said:

Good luck to all the boys at WL today for Year 7 and 8 auditions!

Good news of a Year 7 WL place for a DS we know!

As an aside I should maybe change my user name - nearly three years as the mum of a new dancer we are no longer newbies.  I am still very much in the dark but this forum has been such a reassurance for me on so many issues.

All the best for those on the audition rounds this year for lower and upper schools.  It is lovely to hear of the successes of her new friends and others here on the forum.

• Like 7

On 12/03/2019 at 08:56, Newdancermum said:

I have heard that Year 7 WL offers for girls are out and also those continuing mid associates have been told about their places. Mids offers can’t be far behind although it has been into April some years.

Sorry, above post references RBS in response to this reply.

27 minutes ago, MrsDanceMammy said:

I hadn’t realised that final WL results contained MA offers? If MA isn’t mentioned in results this week are we correct to assume no MA place is being offered either?

No, current MAs who had their assessments have been told if they can continue with MAs next year.

The MA results for new applicants from auditions will be sent out before Easter.

1 hour ago, KeepDancing!! said:

No, current MAs who had their assessments have been told if they can continue with MAs next year.

The MA results for new applicants from auditions will be sent out before Easter.

Thank you, I’ve re-read and it makes sense now 🙈. Thank you 🙏 

11 hours ago, Aklf said:

WL waitlist is a very small list usually of only 5 children so huge congrats to those children and all of those who made it to finals- a huge achievement for all of them.

Yes. I absolutely agree. Huge congratulations to all 53 short listed to finals. We’ve found it a very difficult process to deal with but a bit of toughening up for us is clearly in order. But as newbies we’ll learn. These forums help enormously when one is left with so many unanswered questions and disappointment can be an isolating place. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AuditionIngenu said:

Yes. I absolutely agree. Huge congratulations to all 53 short listed to finals. We’ve found it a very difficult process to deal with but a bit of toughening up for us is clearly in order. But as newbies we’ll learn. These forums help enormously when one is left with so many unanswered questions and disappointment can be an isolating place. 

You can take comfort in the knowledge that your Dd obviously shows potential to get to finals and that a  ‘no’ can sometimes be incredibly beneficial in terms of finding other experiences/ routes/ to get there in the end. My Dd has had some no’s and some yes’s and looking back, she is incredibly grateful that it wasn’t  necessarily a ‘yes’ first time as she had to think more creatively, work harder and have more persistence, not to mention the wealth of different teachers and their expertise she’s experienced along the way. Even a ‘yes’ first time, is just the beginning of an long and incredibly up and down journey. Good Luck to your Dd for the future.

• Like 1

Also, just to add to the above, it might be useful for you,  for your Dd’s teacher ( not associate teacher) to ask for feedback from Mr  Annear. They are happy to give a small amount of feedback from a final although you may need to be patient.