Good luck/Audition Results 2019

KeepDancing!!

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lottiebb said:

Ok thank you , it definitely said white lodge on my daughters letter . 

Lottiebb did the letter sent by email inviting you to audition say white lodge and / or mid associates?  That is what mine says.   I have looked on line and can't access the form to view what we ticked and didn't tick !    Feeling like whatever will be will be now, guessing we would definitely have heard for WL by now.

1 hour ago, Lottiebb said:

Ok thank you , it definitely said white lodge on my daughters letter . 

21 hours ago, Ms Sunshine said:

My dd has a yes to finals for entry to White Lodge year 7. Quite shocked as she has always had no's to JA's for year 4,5 and 6! No wait lists. Plus no summer or easter school offers. In fact I was not thrilled about her wanting to go but as she proved you have to be in it to win it! 

That is really good news Ms Sunshine, well done to your daughter for keeping at it and going back and trying, hope she enjoys the finals x

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dancer123 said:

AMP you should just ring them as often I never received emails. When you go into that account top left is 3 little white lines that has drop down menu and you can view messages in there

Thank you Dancer123 I just looked and no messages in there.  The only thing I can see is that I paid a higher audition fee this year than last year, she only auditioned for MA last year - does anyone remember if the fee was different this year or does that mean I paid for WL and MA? 

13 minutes ago, MAK said:

@AMP I know this won't help but have just checked my email and it also says "White Lodge and/or Mid Associate Programme".

Definitely worth contacting them. Good luck!

Thanks MAK and did you apply for both or just MA?  Sorry all the questions, I know I could just phone and get the answer!  

39 minutes ago, Dancer123 said:

AMP you should just ring them as often I never received emails. When you go into that account top left is 3 little white lines that has drop down menu and you can view messages in there

On 11/02/2019 at 19:16, AMP said:

Thanks Mak, I thought for both, maybe I didn't tick the right box and it was just for Mids!  She only applied for Mids last year, I thought we had put both this year but if others have heard and we haven't then maybe I made a mistake.  I have just logged in and can't access that part of the application to check.

I think I might have done the opposite, applied just for WL!!  I’m sure I ticked both but it’s not showing on the info I can see and I can access the original application any more. I’ve emailed them. Sigh.

Does it not say in your Royal Ballet School account what you have applied for or does this only work for intensives?  I thought they checked what you applied for at the time of the audition.  They did the year my friend's DD went as they only had her down for WL and they had requested MAs so it was updated.  They didn't have the electronic web system at the time so perhaps it is different now.

Edited by Newdancermum

6 hours ago, Newdancermum said:

Does it not say in your Royal Ballet School account what you have applied for or does this only work for intensives?  I thought they checked what you applied for at the time of the audition.  They did the year my friend's DD went as they only had her down for WL and they had requested MAs so it was updated.  They didn't have the electronic web system at the time so perhaps it is different now.

Yes you are right, last year the signing in sheet on the day had a tick box for MA and WL, we only ticked MA as that is what we had applied for, we were new to it all and hadn't considered the WL audition at that stage.  So this year had decided to go for both realising it was the same audition in any case.  The signing in sheet didn't state MA or WL this year.  I will call them today, I have called before and they are very helpful, just not sure I want confirmation that I messed up! I was so sure we had applied for both and DD says we did too, we did the form together.  Either way though as someone already said, you can be called for WL even from an MA audition and we haven't heard so it is not meant to be.  Still be good to know we are not waiting for an email until March and I can stop checking my inbox! 

9 hours ago, Dopedeedoo said:

I think I might have done the opposite, applied just for WL!!  I’m sure I ticked both but it’s not showing on the info I can see and I can access the original application any more. I’ve emailed them. Sigh.

We've got the same problem. Can't see Associates anywhere, but we definitely ticked that box as well. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place..?

We really agonised over whether to tick the WL box last year, and I was told by DD’s JA teacher that it makes little difference, as they invite who they want to finals, regardless of whether they have asked to be considered for WL. This was the case for DD’s friend, who received a special invitation to finals despite only applying for MAs. 

• Like 1