Good luck/Audition Results 2019

KeepDancing!!

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, WhatsThePointe said:

Good luck to everyone still waiting. Just to throw a spanner in, our Elmhurst letter got lost in the post last year. I phoned them the day after everyone else heard when it still hadn't come and they emailed me the letter!

Exactly the same happened to us a few years ago,  dd has been at elm for a few years now and most of our post (invoices, reports etc ) arrive two days after everyone else’s. I don’t for one moment believe they are posted any differently, we are just subject to the vaguearies of the British postal system. It might be understandable if we lived in the back of beyond but we really don’t! I often find myself having to explain that our post takes longer than anyone else iknow. 

• Like 1

Can I just do a big shout out to all the little girls who danced their beautiful talented way into vocational school finals this year and were not offered places. I dedicate this message to one little DD to whom I desperately hoped would be lucky and wasn’t. Remember Darcy, Jasmin Nahgdi, Melissa Hamilton and Francesca Hayward were once in their position and fought for success because they believed they would get there in the end. They did. Boy did they get there. 

Keep going girls. Xx

• Like 22

30 minutes ago, AuditionIngenu said:

Can I just do a big shout out to all the little girls who danced their beautiful talented way into vocational school finals this year and were not offered places. I dedicate this message to one little DD to whom I desperately hoped would be lucky and wasn’t. Remember Darcy, Jasmin Nahgdi, Melissa Hamilton and Francesca Hayward were once in their position and fought for success because they believed they would get there in the end. They did. Boy did they get there. 

Keep going girls. Xx

Beautifully said xxx

32 minutes ago, tutugirl said:

More good news for those waiting - there will be more MDS returned tomorrow , by my little pupil .

Can I ask which school she got an MDS for? We are waiting on Tring! 🤞🏻All our fingers and toes are crossed! 

My dd waitlisted for tring mds but will accept elmhurst so hopefully that allows someone else on the wait list a chance for these mds places being returned. Fingers crossed more of your dc get their wish xxx

Edited by Dopedeedoo
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dopedeedoo said:

My dd waitlisted for tring mds but will accept elmhurst so hopefully that allows someone else on the wait list a chance for these mds places being returned. Fingers crossed more of your dc get their wish xxx

Thank you, Have you advised Tring to take you off the waitlist? It might speed the process up for others.

Great news on Elmhurst! She is a very lucky girl! I hope her dreams come true! Xxx

Hi Sarahballet 

I think all of the UK vocational schools have a good record of getting students in to various upper schools. It really depends on the type of dancer and what direction they want to take at 16 rather than the particular school.  Some will want to stay focused on classical ballet, others more contemporary or musical theatre route. Also, there are non vocational students who are also successful in securing full time upper school places. I know that Tring, Young Dancers Academy, Elmhurst and White Lodge all send students on to train at RB and ENB. Not sure about Princess Grace? Perhaps someone else can shed light there. 

2 hours ago, AuditionIngenu said:

Hi guys. RBS says results for Mids (our centre being London) are out next week but they haven’t been told which day. 🥺. Hope that settles a few nerves and enables some focus this week. X

Smiling to myself. RBS said last week that results would be out this week.

Keeping people on their toes as ever. 😁

• Like 4