Good luck/Audition Results 2019

KeepDancing!!

21 hours ago, KeepDancing!! said:

To clarify, extract from the elmhurst website says

the MDS focuses on classical ballet training in the Lower School (Years 7 – 11) with continuity of means-tested support for the most talented children entering Year 7. Under present arrangements, these Aided Places are allocated to the most gifted and eligible children aged 11 years on entry to the school each September. Subject to successful artistic appraisal in Year 9, MDS funding continues until the completion of Year 11.

Yes, you have to be eligible, and they are means tested, and they are awarded based on talent.

Their site says they’re awarded to the most talented but by that they’re referring to those offered an Elmhurst place are the most talented and gifted. 

All 7-11students who are offered a place at Elmhurst will be offered an MDS place unless they are a non EU student or if they have not been resident in the UK for 2 years. 

Elmhurst and RBS are the only 2 ballet schools who offer this. 

Tring and Hammond only have a limited number to offer as they are not dedicated ballet schools and so only offer them based on talent. 

So if you are offered a place at Elmhurst and you’ve been resident in the UK for 2 years or more, you will be offered an MDS. 

Good luck everyonestill waiting for results. 

• Like 1

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Crazylife said:

Their site says they’re awarded to the most talented but by that they’re referring to those offered an Elmhurst place are the most talented and gifted. 

All 7-11students who are offered a place at Elmhurst will be offered an MDS place unless they are a non EU student or if they have not been resident in the UK for 2 years. 

Elmhurst and RBS are the only 2 ballet schools who offer this. 

Tring and Hammond only have a limited number to offer as they are not dedicated ballet schools and so only offer them based on talent. 

So if you are offered a place at Elmhurst and you’ve been resident in the UK for 2 years or more, you will be offered an MDS. 

Good luck everyonestill waiting for results. 

Is this a change of policy?  Certainly in my DS's time there UK students who were eligible who were offered places but without an MDS at Elmnhurst.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

Each school gets given a set amount of awards and I would imagine this is reviewed every so often (I know that DaDa funding is awarded every 3 years but actual amounts per school reviewed annually).  So Elmhurst could, space permitting admit more students than they have awards but possibly choose not to.

Over the last eight years the number of MDS available (music and dance) has hardly changed:  average 924 with minimal fluctuation, down to 919 and up to 933.  Over that time the Elmhurst share has been constant at 12%.

Edited by Dancing Kitty

1 hour ago, tired dance mummy said:

MA assessments for Birmingham are on the 2 May.

I can’t see any children being assessed out that would be awful.. I wonder how many spaces these centres actually have after the year 9’s move on, possible 4/5? also they have to offer places to the new year 7’s coming in so for my dd looking for a year 8 space it is probably very unlikely at all 🤔 x

20 hours ago, richieN said:

It's worth noting that not all the RBS MA centres have had their assessments yet, and there's still a lot that can happen between now and September for those who make it to waiting lists.

Yes I agree. An awful lot can change between now and the start of a new year in September. Associates who have accepted places sometimes give them up if they’re offered a vocational place off a waiting list, some Associates decide not to continue for a number of reasons. 

We know an MA who originally didn’t get a place, but within a week of being told they were on a short waiting list, had been phoned by RBS offering an MA place. She thinks she took the place of someone who’d accepted a vocational place but after the associate offers were sent out.

so don’t give up hope if you’re told you’re DC are on short waiting lists, as places do sometimes materialise 🍀🍀🍀🍀

• Like 1