Bonnie2011

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is the extract from Instagram:

"We will be notifying students who have submitted a Summer School application of the outcome a week today. ~ 
If you wish to apply and know by next Friday we must have received your application by Thursday 28 midday. ~
Any applications received after this date may be considered and will be notified of the outcome after consideration. "

So does this mean that 1st March is no longer the application deadline date?  The other day they were still saying 1st March.  Hope those applying last minute pick up on this.

So results are out tomorrow......but we applied for a one week residential for week 1. Now, a friend messaged me and asked which week we applied for as doing a last minute application, and that option is no longer on the list!!!! Week 3 is only option for one week res. What's going on???? I emailed them but no reply? Anyone else noticed this? Or is it because they have designated places already which removes the option from the list? Do I do a last min application for week 3?

5 minutes ago, Balletmum1704 said:

I had the same issue! I called and was told that any single week applications already submitted for week 1 were fine and would be considered. However, they had decided to close single week applications for that week for new applicants.

Thanks!!!! Wish they had said something instead of me finding out like this and having a panic 😂

So it's a no for my dd. She is beginning to get a bit disheartened. She is  RBS JA (will have had 3 full years of this) and a Cecchetti Associate, so she is good! She got a no last year for ybss, and a no this year for both RB and ybss :( I dont know how to cheer her up!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

So it's a no for my dd. She is beginning to get a bit disheartened. She is  RBS JA (will have had 3 full years of this) and a Cecchetti Associate, so she is good! She got a no last year for ybss, and a no this year for both RB and ybss :( I dont know how to cheer her up

@sunrise81 we are in exactly the same boat (not RBS but other good Associate schemes). I think it's just that competition for places is so tough. There are lots of other good summer intensives to try for so hopefully you will still get a great one. I'm hoping we get a holiday!

Commiserations though, sounds like your DD is a brilliant dancer.

I really wouldn’t worry about not getting into either of these summer schools honestly! Why don’t you try Malvern Summer School - New this year but dd been to all the Easter courses and absolutely loves them! Gutted we can’t get to the Easter one this year cos of school commitments but glad we will be able to do summer instead!

Just had a look at Malvern but we are on holiday during both those weeks. We are up in the north too. She's too young for Northern Ballet. EYB are doing a performance in York that she had been told about, so might let her apply for that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dancing unicorn said:

Ah shame!

Theres also Centre Pointe Manchester and Yorkshire Summer school - not YBSS the other one which for the life of me can’t remember it’s proper title 🤪

York Dance Scholars?  Sorry no experience.

Edited by Newdancermum

10 minutes ago, Rubbishballetmum said:

My DS went to Moorland last year and loved it the teachers are really positive and encouraging and excellent ballet teachers 

Thanks :) Just shown her and she seems happier now! I feel so bad for her as I can't answer her question of why she keeps getting a no. Not looki forward to auditions next year!

DD did the York Scholars Summer school a couple of years ago and loved it. 

She would go again, but has other commitments.

DD also did OPES, which i know isn't running anymore, but the Parkers are running something, near Nottingham...i just can't remember what it is called! 

My DD also did York Ballet scholars a couple of years ago and loved it. Highly recommend especially for a first residential. Rooms are lovely, staff very friendly and a high standard of dancing. Food was good and they got to use the swimming pool! 

My student got a no for week 2 - I gather it was closed ages ago, but after she applied.  Really disappointed for her - she was so keen.  I wish the schools like Central and ENB had chaperoned residences.  Is there another one in or near London anyone would recommend?

52 minutes ago, Dance*is*life said:

My student got a no for week 2 - I gather it was closed ages ago, but after she applied.  Really disappointed for her - she was so keen.  I wish the schools like Central and ENB had chaperoned residences.  Is there another one in or near London anyone would recommend?

Obviously not in London but Elmhurst use the on-site boarding houses for the summer school. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dance*is*life said:

There is what was OPES Peter and Shannon Parker still run some kind of residential summer school

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sunrise81 said:

So it's a no for my dd. She is beginning to get a bit disheartened. She is  RBS JA (will have had 3 full years of this) and a Cecchetti Associate, so she is good! She got a no last year for ybss, and a no this year for both RB and ybss :( I dont know how to cheer her up!

Sunrise I know how you feel. My dd got a no as well and to be honest I’m quite upset about it. She is an RBS JA and this year has successfully got through to finals for a Year 7 place for Royal, Elmhurst, Tring and Hammond, so she must be doing something right! I can’t for the life of me understand how they can choose just from photos! 😓

• Like 1

Just a thought for those understandably disappointed this time (I truly empathise with many an RBS course no or waitlist outcome from photo applications....)

Perhaps - esp for younger ones - where they see DC’s are already benefiting from additional training with top associate schemes etc they have decided to offer up places to others not gaining from these extras already? Just a thought....

It sounds like there are lots of super tallented DC’s & just not enough places to go around sadly....

Highy reccomend next year going to one of the auditions for scholarship places....Free to attend & an enjoyable class in lovely studios so a great time whatever the outcome! It does also mean that they see the dancers in the real so an added chance for them to be judged beyond just the photographs & application form info!

Good luck all for next year & for whatever other courses you find for this Summer xx

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Balletmummy28 said:

Sunrise I know how you feel. My dd got a no as well and to be honest I’m quite upset about it. She is an RBS JA and this year has successfully got through to finals for a Year 7 place for Royal, Elmhurst, Tring and Hammond, so she must be doing something right! I can’t for the life of me understand how they can choose just from photos! 😓

It seems all of her RBS JA friends who applied also got no too. Apart from the one boy who applied. We went to the scholarship audition too. We are off to one of the Easter pop up days so hoping they start to notice her there, on the advice of her dance teacher, who also told her not to worry and said Moorland would be lovely for her so off she goes to that for a week :)

• Like 1