Emma Maguire (Royal Ballet)

So was I. I had an inkling that this was to be her farewell performance and when Luca Acri slipped the white rose into her hand as he asked her the way to Drossemeyer’s house, I realised it was true. Wonderful hug from Lauren Cuthbertson at curtain curtain call. How many people are aware that the year Lauren won silver at the Genee, Emma won the bronze. 

• Like 12

I have been following tonight's social media posts with an increasing sense of dread. Gutted I didn't get to see more of her in my relatively short time following the company. Sill, her Stephanie opposite Bonelli's Rudolf will live long in the memory. All the best for the future, what ever she chooses to do. I hope she continues to be involved with the company in some way, and continues to organise the galas.

Edited by Saodan
  • Like 8

Wish she had danced Vera one more time. She was very good in that role. I have enjoyed watching her over the years. Best of luck to her. 

Edited by Darlex

So sorry to hear this.  I have always loved her dancing, and for many years she has been my favourite Princess Stephanie.  I would have liked to see her make First Soloist.  So glad I caught her Clara a few weeks ago.  I wish her the best of luck and happiness wherever her life takes her next.

• Like 10

I'm starting to dread Nutcracker performances: a disproportionate number of dancers I really appreciate seem to have taken their farewells at them :(  Even more disappointed that I didn't see her Clara the other week.  She's another one I will miss very much, but I wish her all the best for the future.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, alison said:

I'm starting to dread Nutcracker performances: a disproportionate number of dancers I really appreciate seem to have taken their farewells at them :(  Even more disappointed that I didn't see her Clara the other week.  She's another one I will miss very much, but I wish her all the best for the future.

I'm not sure that I know who else has said "goodbye" at a Nutcracker this year? Please remind us!

Also very sorry that Emma is leaving. I had a feeling that that would be the case after she became a mother, but......................

Best wishes, Emma and thank you for your memorable dancing.

• Like 2

Many thanks and all good wishes to Emma Maguire.  I recall with much affection seeing her with Alex Campbell rehearsing In the Night in the intimacy of the Clore Studio in 2015 and then in performance - a beautiful dancer.  I was always delighted to see her name on the cast sheet.

• Like 5

Emma will be much missed.

She was my favourite Stephanie in Mayerling too- but I also very much appreciated her dancing in Two Pigeons, Jewels, -and many others. One of those dancers about whom you would think, when she was in a minor role, -'she's good- how lovely-who's that.... oh it's Maguire, ...of course' each time.

Very sorry to see her go.

• Like 8

I'm very sorry to hear this - I wish I'd known in advance even if I couldn't have gone to the performance. She's been a wonderful performer and a wonderful company member and she'll be very much missed. I wish her every happiness.

• Like 6

Such sad news. A wonderful dancer and as many of you have said she had such a gorgeous quality that you noticed her every time she was on stage. I particularly admired her beautiful port de bras whatever she was dancing her arms where always lovely, never ugly. She will be missed and I wish her well with her future plans.

• Like 4

She danced again last night as a Leading Flower. At the cast curtain call Laura Morera, who was the Sugar Plum Fairy gave her a white rose from her bouquet and everyone who was on stage applauded. It was all very nice. So, I think we can now say that definitely was her final performance. So pleased I had spotted her name on the cast sheet and looked out for her specially.  

Happily, Bangorballetboy has posted a lovely photo on Instagram to capture the moment.   

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JennyTaylor said:

She danced again last night as a Leading Flower. At the cast curtain call Laura Morera, who was the Sugar Plum Fairy gave her a white rose from her bouquet and everyone who was on stage applauded. It was all very nice. So, I think we can now say that definitely was her final performance. So pleased I had spotted her name on the cast sheet and looked out for her specially.  

Happily, Bangorballetboy has posted a lovely photo on Instagram to capture the moment.   

AB551E50-AB77-4291-915C-0D1A65E458EC.jpeg

• Like 15