Grishko Vamps?

Pas Marche

Hey Guys! I'm wondering if anyone has any great knowledge of Grishkos.

I'm very interested in trying them but I have heard Grishkos tend to have pretty long vamps. I don't have considerably long toes so I am wondering if anyone knows which styles of Grishko have slightly shorter vamps. I don't need them too short but I already know 2007s are too long.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             I also live in a country where we have limited options. The only Grishkos I have available are the 2007s, Novas, Triumphs, Pro-flex, and the miracles.                                                                                                 Thanks! xx PM

Hello!

We have limited styles in our city too, but my daughter loved, loved, loved her Grishkos until her feet changed. (Custom shoes are not an option!)

I believe Grishko considers most of their styles a medium vamp but the fit really does vary between the styles so if you can get a professional fitting, you may find one that works really well -- sometimes a lower wing, U vs. V, or the different box shape can make a big difference. I double-checked on the website --  Elite might be the only one they specifically identify as having a lower vamp, but it looks like it's a special order every time (!)

Good luck!

11 hours ago, Pas Marche said:

Hey Guys! I'm wondering if anyone has any great knowledge of Grishkos.

I'm very interested in trying them but I have heard Grishkos tend to have pretty long vamps. I don't have considerably long toes so I am wondering if anyone knows which styles of Grishko have slightly shorter vamps. I don't need them too short but I already know 2007s are too long.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             I also live in a country where we have limited options. The only Grishkos I have available are the 2007s, Novas, Triumphs, Pro-flex, and the miracles.                                                                                                 Thanks! xx PM

Hi. My DD has only ever worn Grishko. Limited supply locally and visits to other stores wasn’t possible. I found ‘straighttothepointe’ online. Leanne is a mobile provider of Grishko and regularly uploads videos onto YouTube regarding care of the pointes etc She can be followed on Instagram. I was Unsure about online ordering of pointe shoes. Leanne reassured us. We sent photographs en pointe and bare feet, measurements and drawings of her feet as requested.  Then received two pairs of Grishko pointes . Most perfect fit. For models within the range that we had never considered. 

Maybe worth a look. Costs nothing to ask the professionals but can save your wallet for costly errors. 

Good luck. . 

• Like 1

Not sure if things have changed but when DD still went en pointe she found a Grishko "maker" she preferred (there was a code inside the shoe) and we always ordered the ones he produced.  You you could also make alterations to a shoe including the vamp.  At that time the charge per alteration was £5.00 and I presume that charge would be added to each pair when purchased, we didn't make any alterations as unfortunately DD suffered an injury and no longer dances en pointe.  Last time we ordered shoes was approximately 5 years ago - still have them - never worn ☹️

Hope this helps