Royal Ballet yearbook 2012/13

I had a fairly good flip through it in a bookshop the other day: it's a very nice-looking book (and has a goodly number of photos of Messrs. Cope and Bolle, too, which might make it worth buying for their fans too). However, I have no idea how much it cost, as there was no price label on it. I don't imagine it was cheap.

I had a fairly good flip through it in a bookshop the other day: it's a very nice-looking book (and has a goodly number of photos of Messrs. Cope and Bolle, too, which might make it worth buying for their fans too). However, I have no idea how much it cost, as there was no price label on it. I don't imagine it was cheap.

The recommended price is £17.50 but Amazon are selling it for £14.88.

I think the recommended price is £30 and it is on Amazon for £19 or thereabouts, which is what I paid for it. It is a lovely book, full of photographs of Darcey in various performances, with various partners but primarily, as Alison say, Bolle and Cope. It is interesting to compare with Sylvie Guillem's Invitation, which is a very different book, as indeed, Sylvie is a very different person. I couldn't help thinking that the Darcey book rather lacked imagination, photo after photo from the same ballet or different productions of the same, it all started to get rather repetitive.There is very little of her in repose,rehearsal or anything out of the ordinary. The Sylvie book is almost an art book by comparison.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my copy of the RB Yearbook 2012/2013. I think it is the best yet, full of really good photos and information. I was wondering if anyone has been into the ROH shop since it reopened. Is it better/worse/no different? I was getting increasingly dismayed at the amount of ludicrously overpriced 'souvenirs' on sale before.