Happy New Year from The Mods

Sim

Dear Forum Members (and lurkers!),

I can't believe it's that time of year again where we look back as well as forward.  I would once again like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your amazing contributions to this forum over the past year.  As always, there has been much for me to learn, and to ponder.  Please keep up the good work;  at the risk of sounding like a broken record, without you there is no forum!  

I also want to extend, as Chair of the committee, my heartfelt thanks to all of my fellow moderators, who give their time unflinchingly, often dealing with difficult situations.  As you are aware, the forum is monitored 24/7, 365 days a year.  This would not be possible without the dedication of these individuals.   Our passion for ballet and dance drives us to try to make the forum the best it can be.  We don't always get things right, but we do our damndest to ensure that everything runs smoothly.  This includes making some tough and sometimes unpalatable decisions, but we have to consider 'the greater good'.   We want the forum to be a place where people can debate, learn and share experiences in an environment where they feel confident to do so.  If we feel that this is compromised in any way, we will take action to improve the situation.  However, on the whole the forum works very well, and this is thanks to a communal effort by you and by us.  

I would particularly like to thank John, Ian and Janet for the sterling work they do putting up the links every single day of the year.  I have done this in the past, and I can tell you it takes hours to scan the world for ballet/dance articles, put them into format and upload them in a coherent way.  The daily links are a great resource on this forum and I hope that if you don't already, you will take time to look at them in 2019.  

Some of you might have noticed Ian's posting on December 23rd in the 'About BalletcoForum' area.  The forum has just turned 7 years old, and we still have all of the original moderators on board.  This says a lot about our dedication to the forum and to all of you, so that we can share our love of dance in a welcoming and fertile environment.  Long may it continue!

So, from all of us to all of you, a very Happy New Year, and best wishes for a healthy, fun and dance-filled 2019!

Simonetta (Sim)

Chair, BalletcoForum Committee

• Like 13

As a recently "retired" moderator, I'd like to wish everyone a happy new year and I hope 2019 brings you joy, and how that the moderators have a peaceful year ahead without too many issues to deal with!!

• Like 3